Online Play Idea!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZEE
  • 24 comments
  • 1,985 views

Team Online Racing for GT4

  • Good Idea. Hopefully Polphony will consider it.

    Votes: 28 53.8%
  • OK, might need revisions.

    Votes: 16 30.8%
  • Bad, I don't think it would work.

    Votes: 8 15.4%

  • Total voters
    52

ZEE

Sumtimes yu just gotta lick the stamp & send it!
Premium
Messages
2,515
United Kingdom
Nurburgring, Germany
I was thinking just after reading about GT4, that when playing Online on GT4 for quite some time, you should have this option to make a racing team made up of a max of 4 players, and each driver is an online player, and they can come together to host or particpate in races, right.

Well, the cool thing would be, if they had entered an endurance or race with at least 5 laps or more, then they could take turns, just like at Lemans, One drivers does have the race, get the race going, then the Onine player, comes into the pits and switches drivers thorugh Online Play, and then your online mate takes over the race while you watch, just like in i-link mode in GT3, a live replay of the race, and you can also see live statistics of your teamate like:

-Positon
-Laptimes
-Average Speed
-Handling Analyer etc.

U know somethin that makes more of Team participation so that Online racing for GT4is that much more Interactive and Intense.
 
That's a very good idea, you know that online Nitto drag racing game, well the team thing could work like that. The only problem I see with the endurance sharing is you would need to make sure all team members are on at the exact same time.
 
The only thing that I hope PD takes care of in GT4's online play, is poeple using glitches and cheat codes. I know guy's like klostrophobic will be abusing weakness like that in the game. Cheating bastard.
Cheats in the game will make it so unfun. Just like klos makes this forum. :confused: :D
 
theyre only cheating themselves and ruining the fun for everyone else
 
Originally posted by Slick6
........and ruining the fun for everyone else


Exactly.

People that will use cheats (hybrid cars) or whatever else to gain an unfair advantage on those of us who are trying to enjoy the game properly. It definatley takes the fun out of it and it would be a shame to see that happen. I'm hoping that PD has enough forsight to keep this kind of activity to a minimum.
 
I think this kind of play will be available if not in GT4 it will be in GT5? The creator of GT has stated that an online community of GT players the world over will be formed with online championships and cups etc... sounds unbelieveble although I'm not getting too carried away yet myself apparently there having problems with getting the online side of the game up to the high standards expected of the GT series I think they will crack it tho.:)
 
Is there much cheating on other PS2 online games? I haven't played PS2 online yet. There was an online racing game for Dreamcast called Speed Devils Online which had a notice on the log-in page that went something like 'if we detect your are using a Gameshark you account will be terminated'. One other online Dreamcast game I played alot is 4x4 Evolution. You can set that up so no one is cheating. Some races are specific 'classes'. The cars in Classes 1,2&3 can't be modified in any way. So no hacking goes on. But those cars are a little slower and not many people like them. 'Career' class cars can be modified off-lne by winning races and earning money. You can take those online. You can hack into those.
 
I think this kind of play will be available if not in GT4 it will be in GT5? The creator of GT has stated that an online community of GT players the world over will be formed with online championships and cups etc... sounds unbelieveble although I'm not getting too carried away yet myself apparently there having problems with getting the online side of the game up to the high standards expected of the GT series I think they will crack it tho.:)
 
Originally posted by Laser Lens
Is there much cheating on other PS2 online games?

The only other online game that I play is Socom US Navy Seals. It's been plagued by cheaters using Gameshark codes. It's made the game rather frustrating to play.

Evidently Socom 2 is being rushed out so that it will be very difficult to cheat in. Zipper Interactive, (creators of Socom) have already released 2nd versions of the original Socom that have dealt with the amount of glitches in the game. It's that bad.

The other online game that I've heard of but not played is Madden NFL Football. I haven't played it, but I have heard from others that cheaters run rampant in that game too.
 
i dont think it would be possible to cheat because if i remember correctly you cant use your garage you have to use the arcade mode cars.
 
Not being able to modify the cars for online use would suck. It'd kinda remove some of the fun of online racing.
 
Should be able to do either, be able to race modded & tuned cars or race all cars at their default settings (as in arcade)

Best of both worlds :)
 
Has anyone noticed that when you do two player mode in GT3, your cars, in your garage, are all in stock form, completely unmodified? I hope they change that in GT4, i want to race two escudo at 1800hp not 900 dammit :)
 
Originally posted by donbenni
Has anyone noticed that when you do two player mode in GT3, your cars, in your garage, are all in stock form, completely unmodified? I hope they change that in GT4, i want to race two escudo at 1800hp not 900 dammit :)

The stats are that of the stock ones, the cars are still modded, it's the same in the 1 player Arcade mode, the game says your Skyline has 276Bhp but it's really got 800and odd Bhp.
 
Oh, i didn't know that :O Thanks. Well i hope they sort that then
 
online play with madden 04 sucks. even if your oppenent quits before the end of the game you get nothing. no win ,or points.
and a alot of people disconnect. it will only work if you play somebody you know and can kick their ass in person if they quit before the end of the game.:mad: :mad: :banghead:
 
Just purchased Toca race driver2 for it's online ability,and it really rocks.Havn't noticed any modded cars flying by at 1000mph,if you cut across the grass the car tends to spin out.So all the racing ends up close from 1st to 8th.If you see me there I'm postmanpetecoluk.
 
boombexus
The only thing that I hope PD takes care of in GT4's online play, is poeple using glitches and cheat codes. I know guy's like klostrophobic will be abusing weakness like that in the game. Cheating bastard.
Cheats in the game will make it so unfun. Just like klos makes this forum. :confused: :D
When was the last time there were actual cheats in a GT game?

(Excluding glitches, of course.)
 
postmanpetecoluk
Just purchased Toca race driver2 for it's online ability,and it really rocks.Havn't noticed any modded cars flying by at 1000mph,if you cut across the grass the car tends to spin out.So all the racing ends up close from 1st to 8th.If you see me there I'm postmanpetecoluk.

i alos have toca 2 on ps2 its a top game for online play & i dont think there is a way of cheating on it....u all have the exact same car , definately worth playin till gt4 gets its online mode

my online handle is

[KNT]KATT106
 
Do you race?
When was the last time there were actual cheats in a GT game?

(Excluding glitches, of course.)

I don't think this person was indicating the type of cheat where one would say enter some type of code and get ... say...extra HP...but rather they were implying that a lot of people 'wall ride', which technically is a cheat because you're using something to improve your lap times (Or just get around a particular corner for instance) that you would not do in real life...but I could be wrong, since I'm only speculating as to what the poster was trully referring to when they said this...
 
For me...I'd want to comprise a team of local friends, as opposed to a team that is made up of drivers from different cities/countries/time zones..but this is just my opinion!

I will say though, having the ability to switch drivers...would just be awesome..almost like driving at Le Mans! :-)
 
postmanpetecoluk
Just purchased Toca race driver2 for it's online ability,and it really rocks.Havn't noticed any modded cars flying by at 1000mph,if you cut across the grass the car tends to spin out.So all the racing ends up close from 1st to 8th.If you see me there I'm postmanpetecoluk.

I just purchased this as well, did one race offline to get the best settings for the wheel, and been online since, I really need to get an official headset though, as i got a free headset from gametek and out of 5 online games i have it only works on Starwars battlefront, ughh!
So far ive not encounted any cheaters or crash merchants and the experience has been great fun thus far.
I really need to get a bit more practice in offline though, did a ten race championship last night in pro sim mode and was well and truly slaughtered by 7 italians every race.

look out for GTXLR.
 
I'va also got Toca Race Driver 2, but I have it on PC. I have to say it absolutley rocks, even more with this awesome 900° DFP. It adds so much precision to racing you can't even imagine... Well it's not enough not be seriously pwnd by godly skilled racers, but still fun.
The good thing is that when everyone plays seriously, with the same car (say : SEAT Leon supercopa), you really can improve your skills trying to follow a strong guy, and the race still is fair. But there are some heavy ramming players too...so...sometimes things get a little bit of Stock car more than Mustang racing ^_^

I think it's up to players to keep running smooth and fair. If one is a car crusher, kick him...
 
Back