Online Play to Improve June 30th?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Hig-GT
  • 11 comments
  • 908 views
Messages
1,096
Messages
Higz7
So are PD going to turn the GT5:P servers into GT5 servers, thus spreading the load better and enhancing the online experience? I ask this as it really wouldn't suprise me if PD didn't use the servers lol, but I was just wondering if we could possibly be getting some more online functionality?

Any thoughts?
 
They could but who knows?
 
The open lobby servers SUCK BIG TIME!! 👎 :yuck:

I got disconnected 4 times last night from my friends lobby. I always clear my system cache before I enter any online room and I still got disconnected every time. We went to his PRIVATE lobby and nobody (15 players) got disconnected.

PD or SONY or whoever owns these servers NEED to fix this issue.
 
I don't know lol! :P

From what I'm reading people are hinting towards both leaderboards & the idea of using pre-defined races etc. from GTP & putting them into GT5 Online?
 
The open lobby servers SUCK BIG TIME!! 👎 :yuck:

I got disconnected 4 times last night from my friends lobby. I always clear my system cache before I enter any online room and I still got disconnected every time. We went to his PRIVATE lobby and nobody (15 players) got disconnected.

PD or SONY or whoever owns these servers NEED to fix this issue.

Well thats why Im wondering if they will use GT5P servers for GT5 to help improve all aspects of online.
 
Or their server contract ends on that bank of servers. Many large companies rent server server space.
 
The GT5 servers are shocking. Played GT5 Prologue 1-2 years online and never had so much problems like I have on GT5. What's strange is, no response from PD about the issue. Me personally, I would leave the game as it is and sort out the online issues first, then improve other aspects of the game.
 
where did you hear about an update mate?
 
where did you hear about an update mate?

Who mentioned an update? :S I was just asking for peoples opinions on what might happen with the GT5P servers once they are closed ...

Might of been a bit misleading with the title but as above, just asking for opinions.
 
ahh ok.. so what is happening with this GT5:P server whatever it is? can you cllue me up on what may be happening?
 
it is on the news page mate ... basically they are shutting down the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue servers so I'm just asking whether or not people think online play (for GT5) will improve because PD could use those servers to share the load for GT5 Online. (Or if in fact PD may just close / not renew the server contract altogether)
 
it is on the news page mate ... basically they are shutting down the Gran Turismo 5 Prologue servers so I'm just asking whether or not people think online play (for GT5) will improve because PD could use those servers to share the load for GT5 Online. (Or if in fact PD may just close / not renew the server contract altogether)

I've actually only had one disconnect from the online server period, so I am from the camp that would prefer to see the game have improvements other than online fixes. Then again, I would play the game either way.
 
Back