Online Play

• Thread starter OwsyF1
  • 15 comments
Erm question for anyone out there? I FINALLY after 18 months got my ps3 online at the weekend and started playing f1ce....

Now I'm not being big headed but I'm pretty good at the game I've seen the PB times on here and I'm pretty competitive probably a time in the top 4 for all the tracks (there or there abouts)...

SO i know I'm not BAD anyway. So started racing and I'm probably in the top 10% of the people I raced all weekend but quite a few times there is someone who is quicker but not just a bit, like 3 SECONDS and more per lap??? I did one quali session and was 2nd with say the nine drivers behind being within a second of me. But pole was 2.5 odd seconds away????

How is this possible there simply wasnt 2.5 seconds more in the lap, no way? I can only come back to the fact there is a cheat of some kind? Some of the lap records are like 39 seconds?????

Hi :)

The first 10-20 online times per track are not real times. What happens is that sometimes the clock stops in game and hence updates an incorrect time, this is a limitation / bug with F1CE online.

There are several factors that will boost your online times.

1. Slipstream
2. Manual Gears
3. Wheel / Pedals - However a controller can equally be as fast
4. Low Traction Control

Also to bear in mind is that some people only play F1CE and nothing else, and these are the people who are hard to beat. Another important note to make is that there is always someone faster than you or me or anybody else for that matter.

If you want to give us a time of what you think is not realistic, we should be able to tell you if it can be done 👍

Last edited:
Hi Fishfash thanks for that appreciate it. Well I use pedals and wheels, I am a very enthusistic slipstreamer! I mix sometimes I'll use manual others an autobox (when I'm in lazy mode) and i tend to have TC set to about 50%?

I've spent very little time online but literally hundreds of hours offline, I do take your point and accept some people will always be faster but its the gap ( 2- 3 seconds!!!)that I cant get my head round. I mean there is only a finite amount of grip round corners, acceleration out of them etc and if the set ups are standard online then where on earth is the difference coming from?

The only game I play, and this is full stop is f1ce and like i said it just seems curious there is this performance jump from everyone to this odd one or two people who arent a LITTLE quicker but like seconds quicker! Do you see what I mean at least? I'd be able to say ok need more practice if it was half a second or a second even as you can always improve any corner even by a 10th but I'm quite convinced they are if not cheating doing something very different!!!!

I will go on tonight and see if I can spot a time or two that shows what I mean but as an example on the PB post the best time for Bahrain there is a 1.29.755 by shaggy alonso? Well I'm just outside half a second of that (offline with my car set up) But in the online races I'm SURE I've seen times WELL below that and thats with the DEFAULT settings apparently as they dont carry I beleive? (Mine certainly dont!!!) So I can only do about a 1.31.5 best so far there (with room for improvement but I doubt I'd go sub 1.30 but others are able to beat the best time done with a tuned car on the default setting?

Your thoughts appreciated (or maybe I'm just being a brat as thought I was quite good!!!) :)

Hi Fishfash thanks for that appreciate it. Well I use pedals and wheels, I am a very enthusistic slipstreamer! I mix sometimes I'll use manual others an autobox (when I'm in lazy mode) and i tend to have TC set to about 50%?

I've spent very little time online but literally hundreds of hours offline, I do take your point and accept some people will always be faster but its the gap ( 2- 3 seconds!!!)that I cant get my head round. I mean there is only a finite amount of grip round corners, acceleration out of them etc and if the set ups are standard online then where on earth is the difference coming from?

The only game I play, and this is full stop is f1ce and like i said it just seems curious there is this performance jump from everyone to this odd one or two people who arent a LITTLE quicker but like seconds quicker! Do you see what I mean at least? I'd be able to say ok need more practice if it was half a second or a second even as you can always improve any corner even by a 10th but I'm quite convinced they are if not cheating doing something very different!!!!

I will go on tonight and see if I can spot a time or two that shows what I mean but as an example on the PB post the best time for Bahrain there is a 1.29.755 by shaggy alonso? Well I'm just outside half a second of that (offline with my car set up) But in the online races I'm SURE I've seen times WELL below that and thats with the DEFAULT settings apparently as they dont carry I beleive? (Mine certainly dont!!!) So I can only do about a 1.31.5 best so far there (with room for improvement but I doubt I'd go sub 1.30 but others are able to beat the best time done with a tuned car on the default setting?

Your thoughts appreciated (or maybe I'm just being a brat as thought I was quite good!!!) :)

I think you need to watch some of the videos by guys like Ranieri and Alonso on youtube to understand how these guys are so fast. They basically drive the cars as if they're playing F-Zero, they bend the laws of physics. They drive the cars in a completely unrealistic manner.

Hi OwsyF1,

The online cars are all equal and you cannot carry your offline set ups.

The 1:29 time of bahrain is a good example to use and there are hundreds of people who have achieved this time online. It was also achieved in our PAL online championship here:-

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showpost.php?p=3251323&postcount=335

I have seen people do high 1:28's without slipstream and 1:27's with slipstream. Check out this guy with a 1:27.9, his driving style is different to most and does not bang on the revs either, oh and excellent picture quality, none of this youtube rubbish :lol: Blip TV FTW 👍

http://blip.tv/file/1432824/

For the NTSC players, yeah. May 12th is the Day of Reckoning.:guilty:

Also, a question. To date, has anyone played in a online race againsh more than a half-grid of actual online players?

What!?! I thought they would at least wait until the new codemasters game had been out for a few weeks or months....

Do you have any idea on when they will be shutting the PAL server's down by the way?

Hey fishfash and shaggy,

Thanks for all the info and advice that at least makes sense that they arent really driving the car as normal I knew there was SOMETHING!! I'm driving to i suppose the real physics and what you expect the car to be abe to do!

I'll check out the links and see!

Actually a question then gents!

How do you run the kerbs like that fella who set the 1.27.9 at Bahrain? If i go near them they do bad things to me!

i got it partly that bloke never drops below 4th gear from what i could see thats got to be some of it! Well more practice it is!!!!

And sorry for the triple post.... I wasnt INTENIONALLY bending the rules whether the forum is watched or not..

Last edited:

How do you run the kerbs like that fella who set the 1.27.9 at Bahrain? If i go near them they do bad things to me!

i got it partly that bloke never drops below 4th gear from what i could see thats got to be some of it! Well more practice it is!!!!

^Please don't triple-post. There is an edit button there for a reason, so we don't have pages full of the same person's posts, it makes it difficult to read long threads/discussions and its not a good habit to get into.
Just because this sub-forum isn't as closely watched, doesn't mean we enjoy seeing the rules bent.

Hi,

Stability Control is on full, that's the way you can ride the kerbs 👍

Yep you got it there, that's why I didn't post any youtube videos as it's not very clear what gears to use. You can also use 3rd gear rather than 4th. There is a bug in the game that 1st & 2nd gears just don't give enough acceleration

Let us know what times you get in Bahrain now :sly:

Hey Fishfash

Nice one, I need to rearrange my whole home to race online with wheels and pedals so need to wait till the weekend but ty v much for all the help and video there!

I'll post back when i can set a better time (probably some time 2010 :) )

Erm question for anyone out there? I FINALLY after 18 months got my ps3 online at the weekend and started playing f1ce....

Now I'm not being big headed but I'm pretty good at the game I've seen the PB times on here and I'm pretty competitive probably a time in the top 4 for all the tracks (there or there abouts)...

SO i know I'm not BAD anyway. So started racing and I'm probably in the top 10% of the people I raced all weekend but quite a few times there is someone who is quicker but not just a bit, like 3 SECONDS and more per lap??? I did one quali session and was 2nd with say the nine drivers behind being within a second of me. But pole was 2.5 odd seconds away????

How is this possible there simply wasnt 2.5 seconds more in the lap, no way? I can only come back to the fact there is a cheat of some kind? Some of the lap records are like 39 seconds?????

We don't cheat. We're just really fast. When I started a few months ago i was just like you,slow, i was nowhere with my lap times. I was losing 1-2 sec per lap to the faster guys. Then I switched to manual gear change and used 4th-gear or higher(Dual-shock3 by the way). I got a little faster but i could tell that wasnt enough. I played around with the traction and brake setting until i finally got the best set-up.

Now i'm simple untouchable on some tracks. About the 30seconds laps. I hold the lap record of Indianapolis with a 33second lap. It wasnt my fault. The game cheats not us.

I have had similar success with online races. I still use my sixis, and have won 4 World Championships against the computer. I looked up some of my time trial runs, and I have a Silver at Indy, 1:14.225 well as I remember.

When I race online, I get blasted by 13 seconds per lap! I did notice the cars going by are constantly spinning the tires throughout the lap.

Is there anyway you can find a group of equal drivers, and then have closed races? I get tired of racing the PC sim, but it appears F1CE is the only F1 game we will have for a few years. I can't see how EA can release their version since no one knows, the teams, drivers, track, sponsors or rules for next year, assuming they even have a 2010 season. I think I might buy a spare F1CE for my PC & PS3 just in case. The game has it's flaws, but it's still the best we have.

Latest Posts

Back