online Qualifying??? please get rid of rolling starts

dandanger
Does anybody else think that the rolling starts are s**t. i want to start a race from standstill and online i would like the option to do a Qualifying fast lap to derternine grip position least it would bulk up the online mode and please please please can we have a gp with our ferrari's online we have worked hard for this car and can do nothing with it:grumpy:

qualifying should be there, but tbh i enjoy overtaking the slower cars when i start at the back. tracks like fuji have a stand still start.

I have never played online but I think starting from the back is the fun part.
starting from a stand still 👍

the high speed tracks i dont mind not having stop starts.. but as for not being able to have a full on grand prix online makes me sad and every time im sad a kitten dies somewhere in the world so mr gran tourismo please stop the death of all these kittens and while your at it get rid of the silly penaltes i wasnt taking a short cut!

imagine a standing start at daytona with 600horse power cars heavely leaning beceause of the banking and than try to get away without tc and on s2/3 tyres.....now that will be funny...lol.
spyrrari.

Qualify - full s//t - to much time for it if you good pilot you can do it from 16 place... i do it easy from 12 place on cars like 599 or Viper or Astob so just training!

or with the f1 at least 20 laps would be nice ..

with the qualifying the advanteges would be people would be together with people close to there own skill

Standing starts should be great, but...

...with lagging problems and some players we see out there that should be a mess right away!

Rolling starts can be an ache. Have you seen the CPU fumble them? Many a time I have seen cars shoot off in random directions, especially on HSR.

Qualifying is definitely a must, it's a pain to overtake the ten slow ones without getting bumped to the sandtraps, get a free track, gain on the leader a second a sector, and then still lose because the race was too short. And it's plain irritating that the lucky pole sitter gets more money for cruising than I get for racing even though he's three seconds a lap slower.

magburner said:
Rolling starts can be an ache. Have you seen the CPU fumble them? Many a time I have seen cars shoot off in random directions, especially on HSR

I've seen them fly off randomly before the player has control. I was even involved in one today where a car behind me span out, crashed into me and I began the race spinning round 10 times before coming to a stop facing the wrong way. I was on Suzuka, think you might have even been in that race?

magburner said:

I've seen them fly off randomly before the player has control. I was even involved in one today where a car behind me span out, crashed into me and I began the race spinning round 10 times before coming to a stop facing the wrong way. I was on Suzuka, think you might have even been in that race?

I wasn't in that race, but that's exactly what I was talking about! WTF eh? LOL

thats so annoying plus if your starting up front you sometimes have a slower car then from no where your getting rammed

I've found that it seems to place you in the grid depending on car performance and how many performance points you have used, I say this because almost everytime I use my Jaguar in the 650PP, I'm on pole position. The only time I wasn't was when someone used a Suzuki Cappicuino/Tuned with less PP than me.

It's actually more annoying to be in a slow car on pole position in a grid start, because you have no chance at all. At least in the rolling starts my Jag has a chance to make some distance and miss out on the usual first lap/first corner destruction derby. Everytime I race Fuji with the Jag, I get raped right in the first 3 seconds because the Jag has poor acceleration, although, I don't tend to race Fuji with the Jag anymore because it's got all the worst kinds of corners for it (lots of steering, braking and low speeds).

It's certainly not performance derived, I've seen even Integras (PP 581) in the middle of the pack in the 650PP races. It might be based on connection speed but that would be majorly unfair as that's something that can't be affected by the user.

Until they tweak the AI, standing starts could be a disaster. Each car may have different grip levels and acceleration. Lot's of tightly packed starts gives many passing opportunities for the AI. If the AI isn't up to snuff it could be collision city.

It's also a strain on the graphics engine to have more cars in a tighter pack. but I think the reason for rolling starts is more likely to not expose the AI to a lot of crashes. I read a couple reviews, which speculated the same thing, but it's still just a guess.

I prefer standing starts, but there are many real world series with rolling starts as well. It does keep the accident count to a minimum, which could be a real issue with the AI logic in offline. Online, that's not an issue. It may be that PD just prefers rolling starts.

Much as standing starts are my prefered method of starting a race, I feel that 12 people online starting in this manner is going to lead to half the pack people trying to occupy the same piece of track at the same time; and we all know how that's going to end.

Rolling starts can be an ache. Have you seen the CPU fumble them? Many a time I have seen cars shoot off in random directions, especially on HSR.

Yeah this is an online oddity, i've been propelled at like 200mph from pole before now, the others never stood a chance :)

As for all the crazy people talking about AI, read the freaking topic!

I'd love to see some form of quali but you'd probably still have to have the rolling start to stop complete chaos

Will we seeing people quit after qualifying however if they don't place in the top 5? Seeing as the people who quit early tend to be the erratic drivers who go over the edge, I would be concerned about this.

Back