Online race joining success rate

• Thread starter fabdtm
  • 17 comments
fabdtm
SInce nobody talks about problem joining online race i wanted o know how many time say out of ten tries you got error message while joining online race.

Mine is around 7 out of ten but every other game i have no problem at all with online play

same here...1-2 times out of ten,allways start from the back of the grid though....but im not the only one who has this,do have the feeling that all is getting better little by little ,when online i see less and less "jumping" cars and the loading times are a little quicker than a month ago.......

Around 70% failure rate here too. And it takes longer to decide whether it wants to fail or not too. It's been worse over the past couple of weeks or so.

Usually I have 2 or 3 failures out of 10 attempts. Sometimes it takes ages for the loading bar to progress itself across the screen only to be met by the dreaded sound of failure............

nige

Recently I haven't been able to get into any, and if I do get it its against like 2 people at most! :grumpy:

Robin

Approx 15% - 20% failure rate.

Thing is, I know when its not going to work....

When you get the second text line appear ('Joining game' or whatever) the animations on the screen (scrolling text etc) pause for a brief moment. If the game doesn't connect 10 - 15 seconds after that, it'll just sit there for another minute before giving you an error message. I wish I could manually cancel it and try again.

SInce nobody talks about problem joining online race i wanted o know how many time say out of ten tries you got error message while joining online race.

Mine is around 7 out of ten but every other game i have no problem at all with online play

I had the same problem until I did some testing? I first unplugged the internet connection from my router and then straight in to the PS3 and I got a 9 out ten connection. lucky for me I have two 'Routers' and decided to use my other one and it got the the same 9 out of 10 success connection. So it is most likely your Router or your 'Modem Router' and you might have to adjust some settings. Good luck:tup:

I am on Cable not ADSL.

70% failure rate sounds about right...

I really don't understand why PSN is so weak.

Did nobody at Sony play some Xbox Live ? Did nobody at Polyphony play Forza 2 ?

I have to leave the online menu to switch cars ?
I can't open a lobby myself ?
I can't invite friends ?
I can't connect to every server ? There shouldn't be a 5% failure rate, yet 70 %.
Loading times, hello ?
No access to friends list via PSN button on DS3 ?
No game-independent voice chat ?

I tell you sth, the PS3 is a great Blu-ray player, but home better comes quick and I really hope that it copies XBL...

its not the PSN ... DUHH...
its PD they decide how they ganna run the game...
ill say PSN is a lot better since its free and my games are lag free like RESISTANCE and Warhwack.. both games get 32 and 40 player no lag!
in halo 3 i play with 8-16 players and its really laggy...

it all depends on who makes a game.. in resistance you can add friends.. in other games you cant...
i know what you mean, the voice chat really sucks.. but it all depends on the game company.
besides this is a GT5P not full GT5 so its only a small preview on whats in store for us.

so Sony only gives the space and servers if company chooses to...
it all depends on the game company if they decide to make a dedicated, ranked, play created, ETC rooms.. stop B____ing

I guess some people are never happy

PSN - Free XBL - Subscription
Nuff said

And so it's taking Sony and the software companies longer than us game junkies
want to release all the great next gen stuff we keep being teased with.

But Sony have got it right 9 times out of 10 .

What would you prefer an infearior end product or a little longer waiting

Well of course I mixed two things, GT P. and PSN.

GT P.

Nobody can say, that this kind of online mode is as good as the one of Forza 2. The whole structure is everything but userfriendly. That's bad design, nothing else. I love the GT series, but they have to work on the online mode.

I wouldn't say anything, if online gaming was new, like if this game was on Dreamcast.
But it's 2008 and a ton of other racing games show how a online structure has to look like.

I'm not even talking about the connection issues here, might simply be the huge distance (Europe vs Japan )...

I mean if you were to create an online mode for a racing game, wouldn't you think about a car quickswitch option ( without having to go through 5 loading screens ) within the online menu ? Wouldn't you think of a possibility to host a game, invite friends, change settings ? You would !

Same with PSN. Ok it's free. But that's about it.

@Jase72 What I want is sth at least half as good as what Microsoft created like 5 years ago. I mean PSN is better than the Wii online mode (could anything be worse ? ;) ) and I have hopes that HOME will add a lot of XBL features, but they're already a little late if you ask me.

Again, it's not userfriendly. Well, it's free, that is a point. But those of you, who have XBL gold will agree, that MS did a better job there - worth 50 bucks per year !

My connection success rate improved significantly after I reconfigured my wireless router. I made sure that all PS3 connection tests succeeded or were enabled (upnp enabled, nat type = 2 i.s.o. 3). It's still not great (about 30% success rate), but clearly better than it was (< 10%).

Although, while typing this, the success rate dropped to below 20% :(
Probably Asia went to sleep.....and no one was there anymore

Back