Online race - problem with starting order

• Thread starter tomx
  • 12 comments
Slovenia
Slovenia
Hello,

i have some problems with my starting grid position, when racing in our league. I finished qualification with fastest lap, but when race starts i start from the back...

Any suggestion, what might be wrong? this happen 2 times in 5 online races.

Hello,

i have some problems with my starting grid position, when racing in our league. I finished qualification with fastest lap, but when race starts i start from the back...

Like rono said, must be a reverse grid. The lobby host can specify in lobby settings who starts first - fastest or slowest.

Are you sure your fastest lap was a Valid lap? Not cancelled out by the game by a shortcut, or a shortcut that you haven’t spent and carried onto the next lap?

Yes for sure...

When i join room i set my tyres to H/SS - then i enter Course.

I change tyres to ss/ss. I run one quick lap without penalties and after that i press pause menu and exit to room screen.

It must be something to do in which menu are you, when race starts...on track, looby menu...but i cant figure out.

Yes for sure...

When i join room i set my tyres to H/SS - then i enter Course.

I change tyres to ss/ss. I run one quick lap without penalties and after that i press pause menu and exit to room screen.

It must be something to do in which menu are you, when race starts...on track, looby menu...but i cant figure out.
Do you think you could capture a video of it happening?

If, before race start, you went out of the track, in the lobby at car setup or something, you lose your grid position. If the room owner started the race and you were out of the track, your qualifying time is lost !
You must be on track when race start !

Btw, your qualifying time is not completely lost, all you need to do is go back on track and ride to the first sector radar and your time will be back !

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome ! There is nothing to try about, the good communication is the key, the host should let everyone know when the race start ! Or maybe he did, but you didn't pay attention to the chat messages...
Just sayin'

He said but i didn't now that rule, which is stupid for me :)

Yes, it is, it's happened to me, too, that's how I learned it, on myself ! I went off after setting my qualifying time, to change some stupid spring stuff, I entered back , but I sat in the pit, waiting for the race start, knowing my lap time is there.
Big mistake, I lost the qualifying time staying there, should've go track, to reach the first radar, but didn't knew at the time about this, so I started the race from the back of the grid, like it happened to you !
It's kind of stupid stuff, but that's it , now I know it ! :)

Hello,

To clarify a little, you need to complete at least 1 sector to get your lap time and position back.

Edit: sorry it's already been said, my bad for not reading it thoroughly enough :(

Back