I have read lots of threads about handling of cars while online. So I get the fact that it is different.
However in my experience using a G27 wheel it seems more of a force feedback issue. When I am logged in, regardless of whether I am racing online or doing a-spec races the force feedback is different. I get very little vibration when hitting the rumble strips and the car responds about 1 second later after I turn the wheel. Also ABS goes to 1 (which I can deal with) but there is oversteer madness. The wheel only seems to give one level of feedback for any turn and almost none when you spin out.
As a result I am either driving straight into the sand traps or spining out of control when exiting turns. The only way I can keep it on the track is to drive like a granny. This ofcourse pays homage to my handle but is is no fun at all!
Has anybody else exerienced this or is there a setting I don't know about? I have only been online for 1 hour...
I did about 30 minutes of practice online at Monza in the Nissan Calsonic last night. Still struggle with understeer and exiting corners. Best lap was 1:55.xxx
Wouldn't that mean there's a lag of some sort in online gameplay? I'm only guessing because the only other thing I can think of is that it's because the G27 isn't fully supported, but that's not the case since stormbringer's G27 is consistent either way.
It could just be your G27. I've heard their durability aren't as good as they need to be.
It's gotta be online lag. Just don't take my word for it lol. Sorry.
I haven't been back online but have been using a car that is tail happy for long races. Had to change my driving style for that. Maybe I'll have to do the same for online...
Also in options under wheel settings you can change style of driving. Beginner, pro, or full simulation. I would try them all but pro feels pretty good. Beginner is easiest to catch a spin before it's to late tho. Also you can adjust feedback setting.
while I've not checked it out officially, I'm pretty sure the bar graph at the end of online room listing lines tells you the quality of connection you'll get. Perhaps the OP isnt choosing rooms with good connections for him? I find a LOT of variation there and in general have much less problems in rooms with 5 bars vs less
I have a G27 and it works OK for me. But, I've been driving these games with a wheel for a long time, and I've used the G27 with this game since I unwrapped it on release day.