Online Racing Idiots

  • Thread starter Thread starter HomrSimpson01
  • 7 comments
  • 822 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
1
Racing is all about getting your car around the track as fast as you can and having the power to do so. Racing online really sucks. You get smacked into the walls, spun out, someone brake checks you and you get a penalty for it, people ride the walls (Daytona) etc.. When I race, I try not to hit people.

Some people it's the right thing to do. Smarten up and drive the car like you were in it. Would you smash your Ford GT Spec car into a wall or another car? I don't think so.
 
Just so you know, we ALL agree with you and are very dissapointed. But, these kinds of threads are too many to count, so this thread is going to get closed by a mod. Good luck online from now on though!

Luke
 
HEH 100% agree with you sir. But not every one online shares our views about racing..for them its the crashing, burning, and excitement! But this has been discussed before man.
 
Racing is all about getting your car around the track as fast as you can and having the power to do so. Racing online really sucks. You get smacked into the walls, spun out, someone brake checks you and you get a penalty for it, people ride the walls (Daytona) etc.. When I race, I try not to hit people.

Some people it's the right thing to do. Smarten up and drive the car like you were in it. Would you smash your Ford GT Spec car into a wall or another car? I don't think so.

Welcome to the World of online demolition derby. But having said that, it's quite a fun experience :) it's going to improve though:tup:
 
I am still completely blown away by the increase in rammers from 750pp to 700pp. I mean it's unbelievable. Obviously we had rammers in 750pp, but it might be a person every couple of games...but in 700pp EVERYBODY does it. I mean I could count on 1 hand the number of people who have cleanly passed me.

It's almost like all the people who raced 750pp quit and got replaced by a group of 13yr olds who alternate between Need for Speed, Midnight Club, and GT5.
 
Personally Rammers are annoying BUT... I hate those ones that are just simply way too slow and don't let you overtake (I dread when this happens).

For example a NSX with 670 PP in a 750 PP event or even someone simply just too slow but won't admit to it in a 750 PP car. To make it worse, they are usually gridded right near the top... you can figure the congestion they cause on the first few turns. It's fine if they let you through BUT 95% don't let you through and madly switch lanes to avoid being overtaken.

Argue with me all you want but this is a personal opinion and i believe this is where the destruction is caused or is started. Rammers are the least of my worries playing online, although sometimes its blatantly obviously someones ramming, but i give them the benefit of the doubt that they missed their braking point or simply don't know the map very well. Very rarely do i come across idiots that just ram for fun.

My first post, but i browse these forums quite often and I always see people posting about these rammers. I think in reality there isnt many rammers out there. There is just alot of people that don't know the map as well. I ain't the cleanest driver out there but if you take a turn at 20 kmph on a turn you should be taking at average speeds of 80 kmph expect to be rammed. Its unavoidable.
 
yeah. but that's the pain we have to pay if we go online. it happens in all kinds of online race games. i also try my best not to hit others, but sometimes i just cant avoid. i think now thing seems to be improved. you/they become ghost when losing balance. hope things will get better after the aug update.
anyway, i tried to treat it positively. it's a game, and there always is a winner for each game.
 
Been done to death.

Locked.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back