Your mindset is what has the biggest influence on your experience. If you have the mindset that you are going to avoid causing or being caught up in incidents that get you penalised, and you know how to do so, then you can minimise the amount of unfair penalties that you are given. Personally, I don't drive aggressively in attack or defense until the last third of a race, and only go for overtakes early in a race if a clear opportunity comes up; otherwise, I stay behind the guy ahead and save fuel until I get past.
As for dirty racing itself, I don't see a lot of it at SR S. You can't control what other people do, but you don't need to fight fire with fire. Keep calm and let dirty drivers do their thing; most of the time, they lose SR and get penalties and ruin their own race, or end up driving themselves off the track; if not, then big deal, you just got unlucky this time. Focus on getting to SR S, and once you're there, find out for yourself how aggressively you can drive without dropping your rank.
For the few seconds in a race that you might lose due to a BS penalty, you can more than make up by keeping yourself on the track and simply minding your own business. And remember, everyone else is playing by the exact same rules.