- 5
- mdbenson21
Alright, so I'm pretty new here and haven't had time to sort through all the threads and this may have been brought up before, but just bare with me and point me in the right direction if it has been.
I've been involved with online fantasy sports for the past several years and am currently involved in a 5 tiered fantasy hockey league...which got me to thinking about racing. Everything gets me thinking about racing, but I digress...
So I thought why not with GT5? I'm sure there are enough people on here that we could establish many tiers and classes within each tier, with each racing "season" lasting somewhere around 2-3 months, or less if need be. Have it set on a points system, giving the top 6-8 points then at the end of each season, we could find something to award the top 3 drivers with (this is just a rough draft folks, any input would be awesome!!)
I was thinking we could set up each tier to represent a class of car...basically from new racers where the guys are limited to small FF cars, minimal upgrades, something like spec Miata racing here in the states. Up to the top tier where F-1 and LMP cars would be run.
Then at the end of the season, the top x get promoted to the next tier (x dependent on the number of people in the tier) and the bottom x get relegated to the previous tier.
So what do you guys think? Think this is something that could work? Post your suggestions, any alterations stuff like that. This is something I'd really like to get going, since it's so hard to just find random races online. Also...this may be more suited for the Online Racing thread... if so just move it where it needs to go. Oh yeah! Feel free to add me psn: mdbenson21. I'm on typically during the afternoons and late at night.
I've been involved with online fantasy sports for the past several years and am currently involved in a 5 tiered fantasy hockey league...which got me to thinking about racing. Everything gets me thinking about racing, but I digress...
So I thought why not with GT5? I'm sure there are enough people on here that we could establish many tiers and classes within each tier, with each racing "season" lasting somewhere around 2-3 months, or less if need be. Have it set on a points system, giving the top 6-8 points then at the end of each season, we could find something to award the top 3 drivers with (this is just a rough draft folks, any input would be awesome!!)
I was thinking we could set up each tier to represent a class of car...basically from new racers where the guys are limited to small FF cars, minimal upgrades, something like spec Miata racing here in the states. Up to the top tier where F-1 and LMP cars would be run.
Then at the end of the season, the top x get promoted to the next tier (x dependent on the number of people in the tier) and the bottom x get relegated to the previous tier.
So what do you guys think? Think this is something that could work? Post your suggestions, any alterations stuff like that. This is something I'd really like to get going, since it's so hard to just find random races online. Also...this may be more suited for the Online Racing thread... if so just move it where it needs to go. Oh yeah! Feel free to add me psn: mdbenson21. I'm on typically during the afternoons and late at night.