Online racing questions

  • Thread starter Thread starter bongoplyr
  • 11 comments
  • 1,010 views
Messages
199
United States
Maryland
Messages
eventhorizon23
Two things I don't understand as I've ventured into the world of online racing in random rooms. First off, I've had mostly good experiences, no crazy driving and mostly guys that adhere to reasonable racecraft (which I'm still learning btw).

BUT, why on earth do people name their rooms things like "$10 Dollar Words", "Mozambique Mada:censored:", "Join, i bet you'll quit", and "Fast as 🤬"? Tells me nothing. What amazes me is that people actually go into these rooms.

The other has to do with PP values of these rooms. I understand 500, 525, 550, 575, but I keep encountering values like 510, 520, heck even 519. Is there something I'm missing? I spend a lot of time tuning cars to have ready for different situations, but I've been sticking with 500, 550, 600 for now. Is it simply a matter of having my cars ready and then adjusting the power level? Still, it doesn't make sense to me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Two things I don't understand as I've ventured into the world of online racing in random rooms. First off, I've had mostly good experiences, no crazy driving and mostly guys that adhere to reasonable racecraft (which I'm still learning btw).

BUT, why on earth do people name their rooms things like "$10 Dollar Words", "Mozambique Mada:censored:", "Join, i bet you'll quit", and "Fast as 🤬"? Tells me nothing. What amazes me is that people actually go into these rooms.

The other has to do with PP values of these rooms. I understand 500, 525, 550, 575, but I keep encountering values like 510, 520, heck even 519. Is there something I'm missing? I spend a lot of time tuning cars to have ready for different situations, but I've been sticking with 500, 550, 600 for now. Is it simply a matter of having my cars ready and then adjusting the power level? Still, it doesn't make sense to me.
In my experience, if the room has a dumb name, avoid it like the plague, because it's usually filled with trolls. Look for rooms with names identifying a car or PP level or stock/spec. Rooms with street tires or RH on racing cars are more likely to provide good racing because the noobs tend to congregate in the RS rooms.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oops. Got warned about trying to circumvent the swear filter which was certainly not my intent. Sorry about that, mods. Point taken.
 
my group is also good. our room name is either boost racing- clean, winner picks trk and pp or boost racing on live stream depending on who is running the room
 
In my experience, when the host has set a strange PP limit it is because he is driving a car that he tuned to that exact PP level and has practiced and practiced and practiced on that track with that particular car. I've been in rooms like these before and after a couple of races either myself or someone else might suggest we change cars. It's always the host who absolutely refuses to do so.

Like @Johnnypenso said, avoid these types of rooms if you can because the hosts tend to be immature troublemakers. They'll kick you from the room if you win a race and they don't know you personally. They'll let their friends ram you off the track and just laugh if you protest. It's not worth my time anymore and I doubt you'd find it enjoyable either.
 
Some dumb lobbies I've seen:

- g
- Fraaaaaaa
- Hatch draggg get wet
- DNT JOIN
- 100000 MONEYS
- Dirty dirt
- F3 Race No F3 car
- GOOOOAL
- Mum huhu
- FIFA brooo
- FWD Drift YOLOLO
- STI vs. EVO
- STI vs. EVO
- STI vs. EVO
- STI vs. EVO
 
Last edited:
I never go into random rooms, i only league race, or practice for league races. . . What i dont understand though, why do people name their room something like "stock street cars" with tuning allowed and with no tire restrictions???
 
What i dont understand though, why do people name their room something like "stock street cars" with tuning allowed and with no tire restrictions???

I THINK it's so you don't pick a "racing" version of a car. For instance, I was in one of those rooms that said "Street Cars ONLY!!" and I had chosen my Lotus Elise 111R. This was just a Free Run room on Nurburgring mind you. We weren't actually racing... Luckily for me, I was friends with one of the three other people in the room because the host was about to kick me! My PSN friend said "ALB is new...I don't think he realized he was driving a non-street car".

The funny thing is, my Lotus 111R was pretty much stock save for a few suspension tweaks and adjustment to the brake bias. The three other people in the rooms were driving "street" cars with RS tires, ultra-stiff suspensions and about 700+PP! I couldn't help but laugh as these people would shoot past me lap after lap.
 
I never go into random rooms, i only league race, or practice for league races. . . What i dont understand though, why do people name their room something like "stock street cars" with tuning allowed and with no tire restrictions???
Or perhaps even worse, tuning prohibited and no tire restrictions. The former is likely indicative of a host change, but the latter is downright imbecillic.
 
Two things I don't understand as I've ventured into the world of online racing in random rooms. First off, I've had mostly good experiences, no crazy driving and mostly guys that adhere to reasonable racecraft (which I'm still learning btw).

BUT, why on earth do people name their rooms things like "$10 Dollar Words", "Mozambique Mada:censored:", "Join, i bet you'll quit", and "Fast as 🤬"? Tells me nothing. What amazes me is that people actually go into these rooms.

The other has to do with PP values of these rooms. I understand 500, 525, 550, 575, but I keep encountering values like 510, 520, heck even 519. Is there something I'm missing? I spend a lot of time tuning cars to have ready for different situations, but I've been sticking with 500, 550, 600 for now. Is it simply a matter of having my cars ready and then adjusting the power level? Still, it doesn't make sense to me.

Yeah it seems like those rooms which have been censored with "*****" and are named after various genitals seem to be the most popular... :sick: As for the extra-specific PP it just shows the laziness of the host not even bothering to tune the car up up to a mainstream value(400/550 etc.) and the selfish unfairness of the host as he knew beforehand the PP of his own car and made it so that others would have a much harder time of choosing their car due to the very small chance that they just happen to also have a car of the same PP limit, thus, making it much harder for anyone else to win. Personally, I stay away from most non-private rooms, because they're pretty mush pointless unless you have time to kill and want to post some more funny stories in the Worst you've dealt with online... thread. That's why one on GTPlanet must join a racing series. They actually have a point and are fun!
 
Back