Online racing

  • Thread starter Thread starter nurburgring
  • 24 comments
  • 2,661 views
Messages
602
France
Dijon, France
Messages
URBANCOCKPIT-1
So what about online racing ?

I bought this game especialy to play online, even with a small selection of cars at the beginning.

I didn't tried yet to find the online events, just trying to have some cars first, like 5 or 6.

So anyone has any idea about when we will be able to race with real people ?
 
No idea yet. I get Server Disconnected every time I try to join a race
 
Sometimes its smooth....Sometimes its not....
 
I haven't been able to connect to the servers yet, hopefully it's not a problem on my end.
 
Tried 4x to join a race. Each time fail. Either disconnect, I don't own a car that meets race specs (and they do not give you any loaner cars), or it freezes.
 
Online does not exist for me. Loading takes WAY too damn long and doesn't even connect.

Friggin poor service, as expected from EVERY game company.
 
When trying to connect early on (about 7 hours ago) I couldn't get into any lobbies. Since then I've done 2 races, one with about 7 and another with just me and another guy. Those ran smoothly but another race that I was trying to join wouldn't allow me to enter the course for some reason.

There's been a lot of weird freezing going on in some of the lobbies that prevents you from choosing a car or changing any setting between the time that the race ends and the countdown begins for the next race. The result was me missing out on a race starting two times even though I was in the lobby actively trying to pick my car.

-----

On a related note, does anyone know if there'll be any actual online tournaments that will fetch you cash, racing for pink slips, etc.? Surely something like that has to find it's way into this game no?


Friggin poor service, as expected from EVERY game company.

Just saw this post after I submitted mine but I really wanted to speak to this point. I've noticed lately that damn near EVERY game released nowadays is done so without being finished. Every single game seems to come with the promise of a patch to fix bugs that shouldnt've been in there in the first place. It's getting a bit ridiculous.
 
Hang on a minute, its release day, as with ANY online game, there are niggles setting it up. Give them time, it doesnt matter how many times they've simmed the workload behind closed doors, when you open a game up to the world, **** happens.

Calm down people.
 
yeah i am playing the game about 10 mins from sony H! in san diego where they are working day and night on this. PSN has more traffic on it right now between COD and GT5 im really surprised the whole thing is still up and running at all lol.
 
yeah i am playing the game about 10 mins from sony H! in san diego where they are working day and night on this. PSN has more traffic on it right now between COD and GT5 im really surprised the whole thing is still up and running at all lol.

I would like to see some numbers -_-

Well I ain't going back on the game till all this gets fixed because I get stressed to easily over stuff like this I forget its just a game lol
 
Hang on a minute, its release day, as with ANY online game, there are niggles setting it up. Give them time, it doesnt matter how many times they've simmed the workload behind closed doors, when you open a game up to the world, **** happens.

Calm down people.

Even more so if the game is highly anticipated and sells a lot the first couple of days. I believe NFS:SHIFT and Forza 3 sold a lot less in the first couple of days but I still had inconsistent performance and connection in the first to weeks of their release (I don't play FPS like COD so I wouldn't know how those fare). The best advice if you're in for the long run is to explore and play most of the game's offline (GT mode) and once in awhile check if the online is finally stable enough and all the features are nicely implemented.
 
ive been online all day but in my own lounge with 3 or 4 friends. I then made a public lobby and had plenty of people join and play. I also played online yesterday.
 
i have a question guys?

i have played online races and won 2 races but i haven't received any credit CR or experience level ?? is that normal ?? if so, it would be a wast of time and people might just drop online play after time
 
Some sort of matchmaking would be nice. It's great we get all this freedom when we create a lobby, but right now, it's just a mess online. Most lobbies don't even have car restrictions, so everyone can choose whatever car he wants, resulting in unfair and unpleasent races. Anyone in the lobby can "start the race". I - as the host - had changed the track when someone not even two seconds after it started the race, resulting in me not being able to make any other changes like how many laps.

And apart from that, I have trouble connecting to many hosts. There is almost no info about each lobby, all I see is what track is selected (unless I'm missing something?). I was expecting to be able to set my own preferences and then get a list of relevant lobbies, instead of blindly joining a lobby to find out myself. And in my last game, I had to quit to the dashboard, because noone could start the game or leave, not even me as the host.

Like I said, it's a mess right now. Very disappointing. I do know the game is just out, so I'm sure lots of patches will follow. But I'm hoping for some sort of matchmaking like Prologue has. But instead like it's in Prologue, let us choose the track and some sort of car restrictions before the matchmaking. Would be so much simpler and convenient, to go online and get in a race. 👍
 
i have a question guys?

i have played online races and won 2 races but i haven't received any credit CR or experience level ?? is that normal ?? if so, it would be a wast of time and people might just drop online play after time

Seems like we don't earn any money or exp with online races. But that won't make it a waste of time for me. I have almost zero fun racing against the AI. It's the multiplayer that I was looking forward to. Singleplayer is in my opinion great to practice, learn the tracks, earn money, to buy new cars and upgrade them, that's it. It's the online part (hopefully, needs alot of work atm) where I will be coming back for. :)
 
Whenever I try to connect online it says that I am not connected to the internet while I am.
 
i have a question guys?

i have played online races and won 2 races but i haven't received any credit CR or experience level ?? is that normal ?? if so, it would be a wast of time and people might just drop online play after time

In Matchmaking we will be able to earn credits online, they will add matchmaking and leaderboards through a patch, they are not available yet.
 
Can someone explain to me, in short sentences and easy words, how to find and log on to the online racing. I searched through the game yesterday but could find nothing at all indicating online.
 
Can someone explain to me, in short sentences and easy words, how to find and log on to the online racing. I searched through the game yesterday but could find nothing at all indicating online.

The only clue I've seen is the 'open lobby' at the top left(ish) of the GT life screen, haven't been able to connect to the server since I got the game so not sure what happens after you select that.
 
Can someone explain to me, in short sentences and easy words, how to find and log on to the online racing. I searched through the game yesterday but could find nothing at all indicating online.

Go to GT Mode. And to the right of your profile picture, you will see an icon labeled Open Lobby. That's where you race online at.
 
It's more of a big problem with PSN's servers and a lot of people being on wireless connection as well.
 
In Matchmaking we will be able to earn credits online, they will add matchmaking and leaderboards through a patch, they are not available yet.

where did you get this information?
 
The only clue I've seen is the 'open lobby' at the top left(ish) of the GT life screen, haven't been able to connect to the server since I got the game so not sure what happens after you select that.

yea thats it. hard to see really, once in you can select region, track and not a lot else, then you get a BIG list of open lobbies. theres not a lot of information at the moment, but lets hope it gets sorted soon!
 
So the only way to race online is to join someone's lobby? That doesn't seem right.
 
Back