Online Rally Setups

prisonermonkeys

Be Fearless
Premium
Peru
Hammerhead Garage
After a couple of bad experiences on the Pro Tour - mostly with bashers - I decided to have a go at hosting my own game in Jam Sessions. It took me a little while to play around with the settings, but I've come up with what I think it a really good game and I thought some people might like to try it. These are my settings:

Discipline - Rally
Class - Group B
Rounds - Five
Damage - Full
Flashbacks - One

Round 1 - Mwanda, Kenya (Night)
Of all the stages used in the Dirt Tour, this one gets used the least. The sections that are run are done so almost exclusively in the opposite direction to Mwanda, so it's not a stage most people are familiar with. Holding it at night just makes it that extra bit harder.

Round 2 - Mountain Drive, Michigan (Wet)
This is a nice long stage that everyone is familiar with. It's got all of my favourite roads from Michigan in it, except for the section across the ridge with the satellite dishes. Running it in the wet really changes some of the lines through the corners, especially on the transitions between gravel and tarmac.

Round 3 - Lankamaa, Finland (Evening, Sun)
There are a lot of stages that I could put here, but Lankamaa gets the nod. This is because the Finnish stages don't really stand out; there aren't any distinctive landmarks on any of the stages. There are two (Isojarvi and Kaatselka) that are fairly unique, but they're too short. However, if you run Lankamaa with the evening sun out, I've found the sun really gets in your eyes as it moves back and forth across the screen.

Round 4 - Kantvegen, Norway (Night)
I personally find this to be the most difficult stage in the game - especially the first half of it down under the bobsleigh run. I'm okay with the back half because it gets used frequently, but I've found that doing Kantvegen at night in a Group B car (especially the RS200) is one of the highlights of the game.

Round 5 - Paalsrudvegen, Norway (Snow)
Another tricky stage, especially with the towns where my instinct is to back straight off. It does have some parts in common with Kantvegen, but otherwise is pretty much uses all the roads that Kantvegen doesn't. I've also found that snow greatly reduces visiblity. By now you've probably guessed that I've deliberately made this rally hard ... and you'd be right.

As for the advanced settings, I'd suggest forced headcam (again, it makes life difficult - though I don't use a manual gearbox, so I won't impose that on people) and setting the running order to be the finishing order of the previous stage so that the leaders can't tell how they're doing in comparison to everyone else.

Does anyone else have any combinations they'd like to share?

Latest Posts

Back