Online Ranking?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ChadSpeed
  • 5 comments
  • 1,026 views
Messages
668
Messages
ChadSpeed
Messages
xBSxChadSpeed
I'm wondering if anyone knows or has thought about online ranking?:nervous: I know PD is so far about 10years behind in the online area:tdown:, but with the matchmaking patch coming out sometime in December, I wondered if they knew that there needs to be an online ranking system for the players. Helps matchmake you with other players you same skill level, and lets you know who your up against.

For me, it is a nice feature for any matchmaking game, but so far I have been spoiled by FM3's online fun to much to tolerate any GT5 lackluster online, but if the matchmaking is good and they fix the car collision physics/ invisible force field, I would love to have some fun on GT5 online too.👍
 
I personaly do not like the online ranking system like in Forza 3. Takes the fun out of the game if you ask me.

Example: I first started playing Forza online and was having a blast then my ranking started to increase shortly I was a champion and then people started acting differently in races. low ranked drivers would often either kick me from the room because of the ranking or intenionally take me out during the race to try and get some of the ranking for themselves.

Many people I know got to where they would not race in many events due to wanting to protect thier ranking and the races became way to serious, tempers flare and the whole thing became a drag very quickly.

For the first time since the early days on Forza 2 I actually had some online racing that was a lot of fun here on GT5. Something that Forza 3 has failed to provide over the last year due to those crazy hoppers and the removal of the exibithion mode they had in Forza 2.
 
I geuss I agree, I hav not played FM3 for a while so I can remember that bothering me.
 
There will be positive effects as well as negative with online ranking system. I do feel the same that it might take away the fun of the game. Cause we all know people freak about their online ranking. Its like worse that WOW. Mind you, no ranking also makes people they have the right to just hit you and screw you up as nothing is recorded and its just for fun. So in this, you may have people that dont seriously race, or properly race, thus taking away the fun in the race.
 
I personally stay clear of PUGS my days playing Toca race driver on original xbox where a nitemare, unless u get a clear lead ur someone else's brake.
Private games with friends or organised events make for more enjoyable race win or lose it takes the frustration out of it.
Rankings hold no interest for me, I live for the moment ;)
 
Back