Online REALLY annoying right now

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghsnu
  • 15 comments
  • 2,290 views
Messages
1,039
United States
Tucson, AZ
Messages
spedy7
Seriously...it's ether "disconnected from server", "you can join this room right now, please try again in a little while", or "entry refused due to network compatibility with host" whenever I try and join a room I might be interested in.

WTF...been having no issues until tonight, and my Internet is usually working just fine.
/rant
 
What can you gain from this tread? nothing... stop RANTING! Ive never complained a single thing about GT5. Because im a sensible guy and theres no point.
 
I got that too, so I just went to do B-Spec. Probably a server thing.

The bigger annoyance is the hp cap hosts put on the rooms that suit perfectly to their fastest car of a certain category and then say you got smoked because you don't have exactly the same car.
 
Ive played GT5 online since day 1 and suddenly today i got "disconnected from server" about 10times from different servers. And i had to power off my ps3 two times too.

Seems to be fine now though. 👍
 
The thing I hate is the punters online. I was on the Nordschleife in a lobby called "Free Run" and I guess the hosts changed because he started the race almost as soon as the last one ended. First corner was a mess... And there was this one guy who KEPT punting me off the track whenever he came up behind me. I did three races and rage quit to play some single player.
 
I think it really depend on your connection speed and servers near you. I am playing in Hong Kong with 50MB up/down fiber connection and other players are in the same city which is very close and I never experience any lag or drops... Only maybe some slight teleportation on a full server. If voice chat is not needed, set the quality to low, it's helps the conenction.
 
disconnected from server lobby
like 4 times / day.
how can i fix it ?
 
I got that too, so I just went to do B-Spec. Probably a server thing.

The bigger annoyance is the hp cap hosts put on the rooms that suit perfectly to their fastest car of a certain category and then say you got smoked because you don't have exactly the same car.

noticed that,get all cars
 
I have a 20Mb/s connection and online play is virtually impossible. If i play for an hour i probably get disconnected 5-10 time's. Its so annoying!! Prologue never caused me any problems at all and i used to play that online daily!
 
I got that too, so I just went to do B-Spec. Probably a server thing.

The bigger annoyance is the hp cap hosts put on the rooms that suit perfectly to their fastest car of a certain category and then say you got smoked because you don't have exactly the same car.

It's called homefield advantage!! Nothing wrong with that, if you don't like it make up your own room, simple
 
Seriously...it's ether "disconnected from server", "you can't join this room right now, please try again in a little while", or "entry refused due to network compatibility with host" whenever I try and join a room I might be interested in.

WTF...been having no issues until tonight, and my Internet is usually working just fine.
/rant

I've noticed that this happens when you are trying to join the room and the race countdown is on, I could be wrong though
 
The freezing is the worst :(

Tends to happen when you spectate
 
It looks like PD needs to beef up their online servers yet again :sly:
 
I also get kicked alot .... I think because I'm so fast... well, envy is a form of tribute :)
 
The bigger annoyance is the hp cap hosts put on the rooms that suit perfectly to their fastest car of a certain category and then say you got smoked because you don't have exactly the same car.

I dont think this this is happening as much as people think. I was in a room the other day when a guy was bitching about it. Problem was that he was complaining about me and another guy being too fast when neither of us were the host, or even knew the host (he was saying that the host made the restrictions to favor us). The restrictions were just 1050KG, 450HP. My car was 1100kg and something like 413HP. We were were both finishing 8-10 seconds in front of everyone else because they were crap.

I only race in HP and weight cap rooms and I have not lost yet due to a lack of a competitive car.
 
I've noticed that this happens when you are trying to join the room and the race countdown is on, I could be wrong though

I can confirm that, if the host is changing settings, if the race ended, if the race is loading or if it's starting (the 38s countdown) you wont be able to join the room and you'll get that message.
 
Back