Online regeneration can make reverse tracks...? [Answer: not really]

• Thread starter shirakawaa
  • 6 comments

shirakawaa

Premium

GTP_shirakawaa
Has anybody ever tried to regenerate a custom course maker track in an online room? It looks like in this way it's possible to generate reverse tracks, or in other words, tracks that run counter-clockwise.

With the Course Maker it's possible only (as of now) to generate tracks running in the clockwise direction.

Unfortunately such tracks cannot be saved. However this shows that there isn't any particular software constraint preventing such an option from appearing in the Course Maker.

Please share your impressions. I tried only once with a Toscana-themed track, however it was quite evident I was running a reverse track as there were mostly left corners.

Last edited:
So are you saying that your track layout stayed the same but you were able to reverse the direction? If so that would be a sweet trick.

I've made clockwise and counter clockwise tracks at toscana. I found certain themes are restricted to one direction while others can go both directions.

I'm gonna test your theory out later tonight.

Forgot to write that the layout got changed completely of course.
Regeneration, as the name implies, regenerates completely and randomly the track with the same theme, basing on the number of sections and complexity chosen. Not much tweakability there.

Now that you mention it, however, it could be that the Toscana theme allows both directions (but I don't remember generating a counterclockwise version with it in the Course Maker), although I'm quite sure that the Mt.Aso and the Eifel theme can only generate tracks running in the clockwise direction.

I have multiple counter-clockwise Toscana tracks in Course Maker. So sorry to dissapoint you there mate ;D

Hmm... false alarm then.
As I mostly make tracks with the Mt.Aso and Eifel themes and they all run in the clockwise direction, I assumed that was the only possible direction for every theme.
So it looks like the Toscana theme allows both directions. Unfortunately I never noticed this as I don't use it much.

I tested this out last night and yes its nothing special, but i did notice one thing while messing around. I was able to modify tracks that werent originally mine (which is restricted in the course maker) but they end up changing so drasticly its not worth anything.

I've always wondered if there was anything special that could be done online. But I dont think there is, in the end your resticted in what you are able to do. You cant mod individual sections or modify the width of the track.

I guess its only use is to provide new random tracks that cant be saved.

I have had Mt. Aso go counter-clockwise, but it takes some tedious tweaking. Its usually the ones that stay in the valley and don't go as high up the mountain side with the wind power plants. I thought you were meaning that once you got online it changed your layout automatically. That almost gave me a stroke.
I have a Liege that goes left mostly as well, but come to think of it I have quite a few Alaska's and they all go one way.

I am hoping tonights update might just tweak the course maker or add some new genres, but I am just dreaming probably.

Latest Posts

Back