Online Rewards - Method for the madness?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Mizgo
  • 6 comments
  • 1,449 views
Messages
11
Messages
Mizgo
I play GT5 online alot with buddies in private lounges and in the public lobby.

Since 1.05 came out you get credits and XP for online races which is great.

What I don't understand is the method to the madness. There are some races when I come in first in a 20 lap go cart race and get $15,000 for first, second gets a little less, and third gets a little less than that. But some races I get more than the 1st or 2nd place drivers and I came in 3rd. Sometimes I just get nothing while other in the race (finished ahead or after me) get cash.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Its obviously effected by race length, but is it also effected by laps lead, race quality, car damage, etc?
 
Biggest factor is the amount of people in the race and the race length.

For example, a full grid for 2 or 3 laps around the 'Ring might net 50-100K for the winner while 2 or 3 laps around autumn Ring mini with 3 or 5 drivers might only reward 3-500.
 
Is there a reason that I get $0 dollars when coming in first and the second, third, etc get the appropriate amount of money? Anyone else experiencing this or does PD just dislike me? :ouch:
 
I believe it takes into account what HP and weight you are running compared to your fellow competitors. At least that is what I thought. So if you take 2nd to a guy that has more hp than you, you may get more $$$
 
I think it also takes into account what driving assists you are using (?) More assists; less credits/exp
 
This was part of my point, everyone is just guessing. Why won't PD just tell us how it works?
 
Depends on how many people are in the race, and what your level is compared to the other people. I raced against some players around level 12, did 20 laps at Daytona where I took first and only came away with 4,000 cr. On the other hand, I've raced against higher level players and made near 80,000 cr.
 
Back