Online "scoring"

• Thread starter Suede53
  • 7 comments
Suede53 / GTP_Suede53
A group of us have been meeting regular and racing our way through a F1 season and we've encountered this "glitch" twice now. The glitch is that at the start of the race, the guys who qualified at the front, start in the front but before the lights are up, they are scored last on the leaderboard. When the race starts, they lead from the start but are still scored in last, everyone else is moved up too. On the map, you can clearly see them in front. The first time this happened it only affected the guy on the pole. The second time, it affected 1st and 2nd (the guy in 2nd was the same guy who was affected before too).

Have any of you heard or seen anything like this? It's seems weird to all of us and it really sucks when it comes to seeing who really won and who should get points.

Yep this normally happens at the Nurburgring. I have also encountered this at Australia, Silverstone and Japan. Doesn't happen all the time but when it does things start to get very confusing :)

Huh, that's very weird. I didn't mention it but last night it happened at Nurburgring and the other time was Australia. Thanks for at least confirming I'm not completely crazy!

:cheers:

Oh, I just thought of something else. Do you know if this is room dependent at all? In fact, do the different rooms affect network performance at all?

Last edited:
Hi

I've only just started playing online.

Last night I was in a race with only one other non-AI driver. I started on the grid 10th he was 11th. As I proceeded up the pack, I noticed the other driver behind me right up until I reached 6th where he then did not appear on the position indicator on screen, then in a flash he/she was in first place. This was in the space of about 4 corners and I had not been overtaken!

How did that happen?

Also, some of the lap records are absolutely impossible. How can the lap record for Silverstone be just over 42 seconds?!

Something very odd about that...

Also, some of the lap records are absolutely impossible. How can the lap record for Silverstone be just over 42 seconds?!

Something very odd about that...

Sometimes online the lap counter stops functioning, so what ever time it stopped will become the lap time.

This is a fault with the game.

Online, are the cars really equal or are your setups carried through on your profile as I've read somewhere?

Just wondering because I rarely do well on that and struggle for grip; some tracks worse than others... If I get a McLaren I am usually about 2sec a lap off the leader but in any other car I am 4 - 6secs off. I have setups for all tracks on the McLaren.

Probably a coincidence that I just happened to have driven well when I've had the McLaren and not had such stiff competition...:dopey:

Online all the cars are completely equal. Some people reckon they are similar to one of the front runing cars such as the Renault or Ferrari. But no your offline setups make no difference what so ever. Sadly.

Hmmm...they really are just that much faster then!

Some of the drivers online are very quick, as they are here. I suppose I've just got to keep practicing!

Thanks for the info.

Back