Online server kicks/boots

  • Thread starter Thread starter AhhhhhSUM
  • 7 comments
  • 1,004 views
Messages
8
I was expecting to find something about this...but haven't seen anything. This past Sunday, we were doing a shuffle race room and it consistently had 10 to 14 racers in it at all times. But everytime someone new joined the lobby and patiently waited to race or watch.....they were intantly booted/kicked at race end. Even if someone exited the race and decided to sit one out.....as soon as the race ended..they were booted. The only time a person could join server successfully without the boot..is to be lucky enough to join the room while we were voting or doing warm up laps before race. This problem continued no matter who was host. Has anybody had this problem or experienced this in the normal races or other shuffle online races? To say this was a pain in the rear is an understatement. Thanks for any replies.
v/r
Ahhhhhsum
 
Hey Dude,
The same thing has been occurring to me, and it's beginning to become incredibly frustrating.
I had never been to sure whether it was a problem with my internet connection, or the game, however hearing this makes me think its the latter.
Every time PD release a new update of the game I hope to god that they've fixed it, but with every new download the same agonising disconnection happens.
Hopefully it'll be fixed in the near future, but until then it looks like we'll all just have to hope to be fortunate enough to join shuffle rooms at the right time.
What a pain in the ass.
 
This happens always in shuffle mode. It s actually improved, before 1.06 your game would freeze instead of being kicked.

if you join a shuffle race thats going on, post a message like 'rejoining' and just before the first racer crosses finish line leave the room and then rejoin.

If you are hosting, give everyone in the lobby time to get in a car before starting the race.

dont send hatemail to the host, he cant help it :)
 
This happens always in shuffle mode. It s actually improved, before 1.06 your game would freeze instead of being kicked.

I guess getting kicked is less annoying than freezing. Overall I'd say PD needs to go to the tuning shop and get level 3 annoyance reduction on this game.
 
I guess getting kicked is less annoying than freezing. Overall I'd say PD needs to go to the tuning shop and get level 3 annoyance reduction on this game.


Awe this is good info. I like those shuffle races on Later weekend nights after running leagues. Relaxing good time. However this issue of freezing, now booting was annoying. Sometimes I thought people did indeed kick me. I was like dang I just got here and haven't raced or said a word.

My thoughts usually was, must be a group of friends. Can respect that.
 
I just want to keep this post warm until one day it is fixed. Still doing it.
 
Yup, I've been hosting a lot of shuffle races lately, and been getting a lot of hate mail too.

oH well.
 
Can anybody that is a fan of shuffle races...or just a fan of good network code..can you please go to the feedback forum and add a few votes to the idea I created called "Fix Shuffle Race boots/kicks". Thanks to all that help out.
 
Back