Online starting to flop?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ghsnu
  • 20 comments
  • 1,920 views
Messages
1,039
United States
Tucson, AZ
Messages
spedy7
Trying to find a free run lobby to go into, but hardly any exist.

I usually head for the Top Gear track, but I end up with ether A. a bunch of lobby's that I get disconnected from (not kicked) or B. a bunch of "Drag ONLY MICS" "real 1/4 drag" "ONLY DRAG" lobbys, in which I search for other tracks, only to come up short with more "DRAG ONLY KICK" "DRIFTMICKICK" etc. lobbys. Some may accept a random racer around the track, that is until you cross infront of them when they go (funn story- was making some runs in my Italia I believe, and I crossed infront of a bunch of draggers. By my luck, me and another guy collided. Then he goes bezzerk and types "spedy7 hit me on purpose!" (I imagined it in a toddlers voice) in which I was lucky to not be kicked. Stupid kids.).

I don't know if it's because I'm trying to play at 2am or if it's because GT5's online is starting to fall. Just seems that GT5 is less "interactive" than it used to be, say, a couple weeks ago.
 
Yeah... I've noticed that during the day and early evening, you can find rooms that are free runs or actual racing on the given course that's listed.

Late nights belong to the draggers and the drifters. I get off work about midnight and when I get home and I'm looking for a good race, all I see in the open lobby are drift and drag rooms.
 
How about creating a Free run lobby yourself?
 
add a cirle of friends who race and whenever you go online. just join their room. its what i do. i hardly ever go into the open lounge thing. i always just join friends rooms for racing.
 
Joine us in GTClub.forumfree!
 
I've gone into lobbies that were drag racing. Wish there was a race type just for them, so I could avoid that.

If you apologized to them for crossing in front, then np. If not...

When I can't find a lobby I like, I create my own.
 
eww free run lobbies >_<

i avoid them like the plague.

also no interest in drag or drift rooms.

i play online to race. only rooms with SRF off.

seems to be just as many of those rooms as there were before. so for me things are fine.
 
You know what I hate the most?

Rooms that say they're free run lobbies, then all of a sudden the race starts! :crazy: Usually the current host has hijacked the lobby in that case and turned it from TGTT Free Run to Trial Mountain racing. I don't mind those actual lobbies, but it 🤬 me off when they do it in a lobby where the title is clearly 'No Race'. I even saw one lobby that said 'drag/drift/trade' but instead had 200 laps on Nurburgring 24h. I hate those lobbies by the way, mainly because the glitches are too hard to do for me and it incourages total noobs into better cars. :grumpy:
 
Post up a Free Run Only event in the GT5 Online Racing forum here on GT Planet, then add the room number & invite GT Planet members to join you, simples!



👍
 
I agree ! I can't drift, and I do the same, I like to change cars a number of times & set the best time around the Top Gear Circuit. I do enjoy drag racing, however people stop after a while all because my GT-R wins all the time lol.

Only rooms I seem to see now are Pro Racers Only, which i'm not, Glitching lobbys ... NO THANK YOU ! and Drifting. Has gone downhill from what it used to be ...
 
I noticed the dropping numbers of rooms yesterday too.
 
Try joining rooms in other regions, some rooms still have a good connection and can give you much more options 👍
 
The lack of 4+ stars/connection rooms without SFR and PP is quite annoying.
 
The most clever use of freerun hijacking I've seen so far was the new host that switched to a custom track for us to test out... :)
Of course 3 people left before he could even explain what he was doing... but after about 20 minutes he changed it back to normal and all was good.
 
When the online stops being full of annyoing kids, who only want to Drag Veryrons down the straights I'll start venturing back online.

The only fun I've ever had online was Shuffle Racing, and I was hosting my own room....
 
I like to join Japanese rooms. I can't understand if I'm being insulted! ;)

They seem to have better road manners in free run TBH, no people doing donuts at top of corkscrew etc.
 
What region are you in? There seems to be plenty for me (Europe)

yes you should try "all region" anyway the best way to enjoy online racing is to open your own lobby and have some friends in.
 
Refreshing the list does NOT pull in a full list or all the available lobbies.

Just refresh a few times until you get what you want.
 
I like how there's always that one guy in a free run room yelling "START THE RACE ALREADY!!!!!"

I mean racing is fun and all, but why would you expect to race in a free run room? i mean aren't there plenty of racing lobbies racing on the track you're on?
 
vbr
post up a free run only event in the gt5 online racing forum here on gt planet, then add the room number & invite gt planet members to join you, simples!



👍

+1
 
Back