Online "Street Legal" Racing: 535pp & S Tires

gtsomething
Over a year ago when me and my friends were still actively playing GT5, we'd host "Street Legal" Lobbies which consisted of any car that wasn't a race car, sports tires, and up to 535pp (I forget our restrictions before the PP system). I saved a few of our replays of "close races" and for nostalgia sake, I decided to take out my 7-year old USB Capture device and record the replays just to share between us friends.

But since these races were pretty close (at least for the most part), I figured I'd share it with you guys too to see what you guys thought of them.

What made our Street Legal lobbies more interesting than most others is that since we used sports tires and had a fairly mid-ranged PP, slower cars with superior handling could out-run high powered cars when we did more technical tracks. Also, the car depended heavily on the tuning of suspensions to keep sport tires on the ground, and the driver to know what they're doing. This resulted in a good 75% of the people who came into the lobby spinning out or coming way in the back, simply because their cars weren't tuned and they were all too accustomed to racing slicks like every other lobby.

We turned off all assists accept for ABS tried to make it as "real" as possible in the lobby settings. Our races were usually just long enough so that nearing the end your tires would start to wear and it was a factor that you as a driver had to keep in mind.

We tried to keep bumping to a minimum because we liked fuller lobbies and didn't want to deter people away from our lobby. We ended up with a few regulars who frequented our lobbies too, which was pretty awesome. However, between us friends... some times you have to do what you have to do lol.

Also the videos have minimal/no editing simply because I wasn't planning on sharing this lol

We raced Tsukuba a lot, it was deemed our unofficial "Home course" and it was also our benchmark course for new cars that we tuned.

HSR was one of our favourite courses, and within the first 2 corners you can tell that most players aren't accustomed to Sport Tires... but HSR required some heavy tuning in order to get your car to stick and still compete, which we liked.

This one's a bit boring since there was minimal battling and everyone was WAAAAAAY apart, despite it being a 1 lap race... there was one time where we accidentally did 7 laps of the nurb... we started with 9 racers... finished with 4...

We obviously had to do some night time street racing in order to be "street lega" right?

Another Tsukuba...

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back