Online Time Trial Event Question

• Thread starter tkdbboy
  • 2 comments
tkdbboy
G'day fellas,

Just wondering what happens if you get in the top 10 in the Online Time Trial Events (PP600 and PP700).
I gave it a shot yesterday and managed to land in the top 10 in one of them, just curious to see whether I should try and get a better time or not :D

thanks for your time

G'day fellas,

Just wondering what happens if you get in the top 10 in the Online Time Trial Events (PP600 and PP700).
I gave it a shot yesterday and managed to land in the top 10 in one of them, just curious to see whether I should try and get a better time or not :D

thanks for your time

I scored a few top 10's in the online time-trials events on the JPN version (before Spec II) and, aside from a sense of accomplishment, there's was no reward. The event would stay available for selection and ranking review for a few days after the end date, but then disappeared completely. Perhaps once user stats are enabled there will be a "top online time-trial rank" stat or something along those lines.

However, the online time-trials are particularly useful for helping with car selection in the corresponding race event (since the new menu seems to include one time-trial and one race of identical requirements) and comparing your times against what you may see on the track, as well as providing ghosts to race against and learn from.

ah awesome, thanks.

also out of curiosity, do you know if whilst the top times were reviewed, did they get rid of the top times that had non penalized barrier impacts which gave time advantages? eg once when I viewed the number 1 time for High Speed Ring, the racer hit the wall of the 2nd turn on purpose to gain an advantage.

cheers

Back