Online Time Trial

• Thread starter wlashack
  • 8 comments
Czech Republic
Czech Republic
wlashack
Hello,
I am new to simracing and GT7 and trying my first online Time Trial. I have a question:

Every time I run out of track limits, my lap time gets red. OK, but it stays red until I pause racing and push Retry button. Which causes to lose all my previous lap times.

Is there another way to "remove red" from time counter without having to lose my laptimes info (which is useful to see a visual indicator that tells me if I am faster/slower than my best laptime during driving)?

Thanks.

Hello,
I am new to simracing and GT7 and trying my first online Time Trial. I have a question:

Every time I run out of track limits, my lap time gets red. OK, but it stays red until I pause racing and push Retry button. Which causes to lose all my previous lap times.

Is there another way to "remove red" from time counter without having to lose my laptimes info (which is useful to see a visual indicator that tells me if I am faster/slower than my best laptime during driving)?

Thanks.
The time goes red to show you that the lap is invalidated. When you begin your next lap - unless you invalidated it in the final corners of the previous lap - it will no longer be red.

So just keep driving.

Ultimately, what does it matter? You still have to go around again to start another lap, not to mention the splits from invalidated laps don't count.

Ultimately, what does it matter? You still have to go around again to start another lap, not to mention the splits from invalidated laps don't count.
Because there are occasions where going off track in the last corner for example, may give an advantage speed wise. And then you would cross the start line of your next lap with an extra bit of speed.

Because there are occasions where going off track in the last corner for example, may give an advantage speed wise. And then you would cross the start line of your next lap with an extra bit of speed.
I am well aware. And as I said, what does it matter? You won't be able to benefit from the speed when the lap has already been invalidated before starting it.

The red timer will never bother you if you want to go for a lap that counts.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot.
I assumed the red time would reset, but I must have taken the last corner wrong and it didn't, so it confused me.
It works well, solved.

I am well aware. And as I said, what does it matter? You won't be able to benefit from the speed when the lap has already been invalidated before starting it.

The red timer will never bother you if you want to go for a lap that counts.
Sure we won't benefit from the extra speed, however sometimes when you start a fresh lap the game puts you in a position where you won't cross the start line at optimal speed. So, it is better to stay in the red lap, go merry around the track, nail the last sector or last turn and then open a new lap with optimal speed.

Sure we won't benefit from the extra speed, however sometimes when you start a fresh lap the game puts you in a position where you won't cross the start line at optimal speed. So, it is better to stay in the red lap, go merry around the track, nail the last sector or last turn and then open a new lap with optimal speed.
yeah, this is true. My problem is that I'm always worried I'll set a remarkable time in the red lap that I'll then never match again on a good lap! lol...

But if I mess up early in a lap I'll often use the rest of the lap to try different things like maybe a different gear or line at a tricky corner or whatnot since the lap isn't going to count anyway. just have to be sure not to invalidate the last couple corners or you wreck the next lap too.

yeah, this is true. My problem is that I'm always worried I'll set a remarkable time in the red lap that I'll then never match again on a good lap! lol...

But if I mess up early in a lap I'll often use the rest of the lap to try different things like maybe a different gear or line at a tricky corner or whatnot since the lap isn't going to count anyway. just have to be sure not to invalidate the last couple corners or you wreck the next lap too.
I do that too! 😅

Back