Online Time Trials

• Thread starter Whoa91
  • 11 comments
:) I have figured a few new things out such as...

When ur racing in arcade mode, with any car on any track, ur times are recorded online and people can download ur ghosts... this is great... IMO its much better then the online racing with PD so far. So with the new update we can now save our ghosts and reload them. :) As of right now i own the Daytona Rd. Course on R3's. Go to rankings and pick daytona rd. course with R tires and Whoa91 should be on top... but i bet not for long lol.👍

I downloaded the fastest replay for Daytona, forget what the class is but all the fastest times were in the AudiTT, after racing his ghost for about 8 laps I was .117 seconds behind him (1.5 car lengths) which put me at number 32! So there are 30 cars within a tenth of a second of each other....pretty good competition.

I got like 112th place for sports class event with s3 tires, arcade mode on eiger. 1st place is 1:10.....thats really good for a wrx!!! I managed to get in the 1:12s ( all driving ais off btw..you can use traction control but i like it better off ) you can also check what settings the first 10 drivers used.

I downloaded the fastest replay for Daytona, forget what the class is but all the fastest times were in the AudiTT, after racing his ghost for about 8 laps I was .117 seconds behind him (1.5 car lengths) which put me at number 32! So there are 30 cars within a tenth of a second of each other....pretty good competition.

i'm having a blast with this. i knew races would have their share of problems, so this has been great for me.

i'm currently at 11th overall in daytona, professional physics, R tires, with the Z06. then i went to try with the amateur physics and surprise, surprise: the first place guy is cheating deliberately using the wall instead of braking in a way that the game doesn't penalise you. can't blame him, PD has to fix this.

other than that, awesome experience. right now at 2'04 at suzuka with amateur, 2'09 with pro. chasing ghosts is a lot of fun

:) I have figured a few new things out such as...

When ur racing in arcade mode, with any car on any track, ur times are recorded online and people can download ur ghosts... this is great... IMO its much better then the online racing with PD so far. So with the new update we can now save our ghosts and reload them. :) As of right now i own the Daytona Rd. Course on R3's. Go to rankings and pick daytona rd. course with R tires and Whoa91 should be on top... but i bet not for long lol.👍

Yeah, figured this out very early, people cheat a lot in the oval and use the walls so they don't lose acceleration, it's pretty lame.

I didn't like how they separated the tyre selection by just "N" "S" and "R"
That's very dumb.
a lot of people enjoy N2 the most because it provides the closest stock tyre simulation, i got quite a few times there, that are of course beaten by some N3's and pretty soon there will ber nothing but N3's, S3's and R3's in that time attack mode.

Right now i'm guessing this is a network test more than anything, since the features are lacking a lot, it's nice that you can load 1 ghost... but why not 15 ghosts while you're at it?
Then you could compare your time vs various different people at the same time and different cars.

Does it say what controller (DS3, G25, DFP) was being used to set the time anywhere?

they showed it on GT:HD.

Yeah I have to agree the ghost mode is cool, even managed a few 1st places, but I know these will be thrashed sooner rather than later. Still it is good to see where the fast guys are making the time up and it certainly helps my driving to improve.

I didn't like how they separated the tyre selection by just "N" "S" and "R"
That's very dumb.
a lot of people enjoy N2 the most because it provides the closest stock tyre simulation, i got quite a few times there, that are of course beaten by some N3's and pretty soon there will ber nothing but N3's, S3's and R3's in that time attack mode.
Well, that's the way most games do it. Maybe not PC games, but I don't go there anymore except for shooters. Maybe if Live For Speed becomes an actual game someday, but we'll see.

And I don't know about "a lot of people" liking the N2 tires. I have a feeling those would be the least frequently visited servers. ;)

It would be a different matter if the grip envelope wasn't so mushy, or that the tire sounds behaved like they did in GT4, where they become really shrill as you start to lose it. More precisely matched samples to grip factor would help give me more of a feel for how the car is taking a turn. As it is right now, I don't like N tires at all, plus I really want to push the car harder than N's or S's will allow.

it's nice that you can load 1 ghost... but why not 15 ghosts while you're at it?
I don't get this... if you want to set the record, why would you want anything but the fastest car? 15 other hazy cars blasting and "training" around the track would just be a mess, seems like it to me.

this is brill, it really helps you speed up. is it only the top ten that have replays?

what really helped me was to download the ghost of the person who is just beneath me a place instead of downloaded the top time ghost...and just work your way down to number 1.

Back