Online used cars in GT7?

• Thread starter RickyBFC92
  • 3 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Does anyone else think it would be good if there was an online used car dealership GT7? Where you can create adverts for your cars and take photos using scapes etc, I think it would be an awesome feature, similar to how the auction house was in Forza.

I'm not sure if it'd really be necessary. I think I'll have enough fun putting on various aero parts and wheels, and then showing off my creations in scapes/photomode. But I could see your idea being fun, too. Didn't GT5 have an online rental system or something?

The Livery Editor is what changed the uniqueness of cars in GT. However, if anyone wants specific wheels and/or a specific livery, they can acquire it for free in the Discovery/shared section. Of course, players have to buy that specific car, to apply said livery.

I think in Forza, a player could sell a car with a locked or unlocked(?) livery. If that's the case, online auction wouldn't be a bad thing. PD would have to make sure the cars come as is.
What I mean, when we create our own livery, some cars we tune. Slam to the ground, change camber settings. When we share the livery, it has that tune in the thumbnail. When another player clicks on the livery, the car doesn't have that tune. It reverts to the stock ride height/suspension settings.

It would need to be a similar program as gifting cars to a friend.

I'd do it like this. Rather than have the Forza style auction house where the player sells directly, you sell the car as normal and get a payout. Then the car would have a chance to appear in an Online UCD for other players to buy. It's kind of like selling your car to a real life dealership.

Back