- 5
I can fully understand why players with busy lives would want everything available immediately for online play so that they can play GT5 the way they want to straight away. For me however, I like the lure in single player of needing to earn things and having a reason to keep playing to unlock better cars, tracks and features. Otherwise I'd have given up on the Samba van challenge rather than keep plugging away with the ultimate satisfaction of winning and unlocking the Top Gear Track.
I tried getting into Forza 3 (Great looking game with lots of cars and features) but because everything was available to me from the start I lost interest very quickly. It felt like there was no point in just ticking off a list of races. I wanted to be able to earn cars and yearn for more expensive ones rather than have everything handed to me on a plate.
It just seems that with longer term play GT5 has disappointed many players used to the mammoth single player challenges in the past whilst also annoying players who wanted to get online straight away.
Personally, I found doing the AMG challenge to unlock the Ring gave it greater tension and far more satisfaction when I did it. Just like playing Ridge Racer to death to unlock the black devil car back in the old days. But I also understand the frustration of not being able to race the Ring online immediately.
Maybe GT6 could go back to the two disc version like GT3. One for the single player game and one for online. The online one could not be played in single player. And the single player one would have no link to online. But both would use the same game engine and car collection. What do you think?
I tried getting into Forza 3 (Great looking game with lots of cars and features) but because everything was available to me from the start I lost interest very quickly. It felt like there was no point in just ticking off a list of races. I wanted to be able to earn cars and yearn for more expensive ones rather than have everything handed to me on a plate.
It just seems that with longer term play GT5 has disappointed many players used to the mammoth single player challenges in the past whilst also annoying players who wanted to get online straight away.
Personally, I found doing the AMG challenge to unlock the Ring gave it greater tension and far more satisfaction when I did it. Just like playing Ridge Racer to death to unlock the black devil car back in the old days. But I also understand the frustration of not being able to race the Ring online immediately.
Maybe GT6 could go back to the two disc version like GT3. One for the single player game and one for online. The online one could not be played in single player. And the single player one would have no link to online. But both would use the same game engine and car collection. What do you think?