Online verses Offline physics

  • Thread starter Thread starter GTP_Monkey
  • 14 comments
  • 1,029 views

GTP_Monkey

May the force be with you
Premium
Messages
3,024
England
Top Valley, NG5
Given the identical setup what is the fastest online or offline, wich produces the fastest laps.

Thanks.
 
I find that offline lap times are faster.
 
Offline would be faster as It doesnt account for the fuel load and tyre wear. Online does and therefore feels 'different' to some people. Me, I dont see that big of a difference between the 2 but yes, offline should be faster.
 
Thanks guys, its just that ive been racing most of the weekend online, and achieved my fastest nurburgring lap in a Le-man car beating my best ever offline time.
 
Offline is much faster. The track has less grip online, and sometimes the track is different, or at least seems that way. Take a Kart over the jump at Eiger Nordwand Short Track a few times online, then try it in offline practice or arcade mode. Completely different behavior.

Nordschleife seems to have a few offline bumps that will launch you into the air that online does not have.

As far as grip is concerned, my general feeling is Racing Soft tires online = Racing Hard tires offline.
 
Online uses a different physics engine that means cars can't roll over (I can't see the point myself). However it definately makes the cars harder to drive than offline, it's as if the tyre compounds never reach full temperature (even with tyre wear set off).
 
Online uses a different physics engine
I highly doubt that. Cars really can't roll online?

I know in GT Mode there is no fuel load and tyre wear but in Arcade Mode there is so it should be the same as online.
 
I highly doubt that. Cars really can't roll online?

I know in GT Mode there is no fuel load and tyre wear but in Arcade Mode there is so it should be the same as online.

Go to trial mountain and hit that bump on the inside of the last chicane. Your car will not roll online. It's like GT4, the car will only lean to a certain angle.

It should be the same but it isn't. Anyway, you can turn fuel/tyre wear off online and it still feels different to offline.
 
Really? I remember seeing some cars upside-down while playing online.
 
I always do time attack online.. Most because of.... Yeah look at the comments.. Everyone is recommending why to play online.
 
My question is which is more realistic, offline or online physics? (besides the rollover part)
 
To me they are the same, but online physics sometimes feel "laggy" depending on the overall quality of the room and the latency of other players.
 
I don't think online uses a different physics engine, I just think some of the parameters are different online. It is not grip reduction or tire wear that is the difference between online and off, even when that is accounted for, offline is not the same as online.
 
I haven't tried all the tracks online. I race mostly on dayton. From my experience the cars have more grip in the corners on dayton online. I am able to run the corners at 15 to may 20 mph faster online on daytona.
 
Thanks guys, its just that ive been racing most of the weekend online, and achieved my fastest nurburgring lap in a Le-man car beating my best ever offline time.

I've also beat my off line time online.
 
Back