Online Vs Time Trials

  • Thread starter Thread starter blademask
  • 9 comments
  • 809 views
Messages
193
Messages
commedieu
Online is broken. Time Trial + Leader boards is better for now, until they fix online, what about you? I've owned GT5p since the launch of it, Ive raced online 3 times... and I've played time trials + single race events more than online.

As long as you play realistically, the A.I is good enough to have fun.

Your thoughts?
 
Online is broken.

Not for me it isn't 👍

Ive raced online 3 times...

There's your problem 👍 You haven't exactly had a realistic experience of online gameplay. Get yourself into the GT5:P race events sub forum, find a time that suits you and come and race with some GTP drivers. You're guaranteed good racing.

As long as you play realistically, the A.I is good enough to have fun.

Your thoughts?

Racing the AI will never have the adrenaline rush and never require the skill of racing against actual people. Racing the AI is what I do to progress in the game - racing against actual people is what I do to have fun in the game.
 
Oh ok, is it just me then that has glitching races with cars twitching everywhere?

Because that is hardly as challenging as racing a bit faster than you are, AI cars.. I love GT. Went out bought the G25 + Seat. But the online is just kind of meh. How do you guys actually organize races? Do you just click player matching on the count of 3 or something?

Maybe people with terrible connections are finding me? I have cable and play all multiplayer games without any lagging issues.

I cant imagine much adrenaline pumping with the online currently the way it is. With all of the stuttering cars it just takes me right out of the game.
 
Im down to join some of you guys, I just figured you found eachother by the luck of the draw online.
 
Online has some bugs but its a hell of alot better then playin with your self.
When I got this game it took me like a month to get past all the events because I had to not because I wanted to.For me its all about online play.
 
Online works great for me, you can make highly precise moves most of the time without worry of lag playing a part. When there is lag, granted it sucks, but i rarely find any, so even with punters and what not the racings better. Tonight especially i've had great clean battles and chases for the lead.
 
Online is broken. Time Trial + Leader boards is better for now, until they fix online, what about you? I've owned GT5p since the launch of it, Ive raced online 3 times... and I've played time trials + single race events more than online.

As long as you play realistically, the A.I is good enough to have fun.

Your thoughts?

Online is broke, but you still can have some enjoyable racing. You can do this by visiting our chat we have on the site here. You can sync up with your favorite GTP players. Its not perfect, nor do we have great races each time, but its closer to sanity with the chat. I suggest trying the chat out and seeing if you can produce some good racing.

Time Trails is most certainly a rewarding way to spend your time.

The A.I. is Garbage. Most cases when you create a race, the AI can be passed very easily. Not much a challenge if you ask me. But, on the positive side, you cannot be disconnect or punted.

Good luck,

Chad
 
The AI races kind of realistically, but only kind of. All AI cars race with the same intensity and aggressiveness on the first lap and the last, which is completely unrealistic. They also don't defend their line at all if you're trying to pass. They're like robots, which is essentially what they are. They just don't have the capacity to race aggressively or experience human emotions, which makes racing against them pretty boring.

As others have already said, come into the chat or follow the schedule to race against other GTPers. Like the AI, we won't punt, but at least we're human and are harder/better to race against.
 
Online is broke, but you still can have some enjoyable racing. You can do this by visiting our chat we have on the site here. You can sync up with your favorite GTP players. Its not perfect, nor do we have great races each time, but its closer to sanity with the chat. I suggest trying the chat out and seeing if you can produce some good racing.

Time Trails is most certainly a rewarding way to spend your time.

The A.I. is Garbage. Most cases when you create a race, the AI can be passed very easily. Not much a challenge if you ask me. But, on the positive side, you cannot be disconnect or punted.

Good luck,

Chad

I agree the online still has problems, almost all online games have some kind of problems, but, you can't get disconnected online now :) (well if someone is so desperate to quit they can turn off their game, but chances are much lower, because no one can quit, start, quit race now.)

I think that since the update the AI has gotten MUCH better, still not quite as adrenaline pumping as online (when you get a good race) but, it is better than before. I personally think that you can MAKE off-line more challenging, by driving a car that may be a little less powerful than the AI cars, and you don't bump, push, shove, or ram the AI. I have had INCREDIBLY difficult off-line races, you decide how hard it gets. ;)

Luke
 
Online is fun but at the moment there doesn't seem to be enough competition even after online race update. So I tend to go for good times and get as high up as I can in the leaderboard.
 
Back