Online Weak/Strong Boost

  • Thread starter Thread starter TimberW
  • 6 comments
  • 3,621 views
Messages
1,702
Australia
Perth, Australi
Messages
GTP_TimberW
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone has done much research on this area in the online racing. Does the boost applies when the cars are close together, hence works when races have fall behind significantly. Or works for everyone behind the lap leader.
 
It keeps the races tight, all cars behind the person in 1st gets "boosted" thus making close races.

You should try "Boost" online on a Oval Track to understand it better.
 
Works for everyone behind the leader, it boosts the speed and handling ability.
 
Is the boost relative to the distance?

How much difference is weak and strong?
 
Is the boost relative to the distance?

How much difference is weak and strong?

I havent done any scientific research into it, but based on observations:

1) weak boost will get you tucked up behind a leader who is ordinarily faster, but not necessarily a straight line speed advantage to just drive past.

2) strong boost will give you that speed advantage to just cruise past on a straight in equal cars. This will then confer to the guy you just passed obviously.
 
BTW: NASCAR Daytona races online with "Boost Strong" is amazing, everyone finishes within seconds of each other. :)
 
1) weak boost will get you tucked up behind a leader who is ordinarily faster, but not necessarily a straight line speed advantage to just drive past.
On road tracks I'm still trying to wrap my head around this one. I think boost low doesn't help you out if you are neck and neck with the leader. You've got to be back some distance to get the boost. Sometimes I can catch up to the leader and follow his line bumper to bumper but I just can't get enough speed to pass him even with the draft. He pulls away on the straight. I can only assume its because boost is disabled when you are running close and my car just doesn't belong at the front. If I back off I can catch back up...but not with enough momentum to pass.

If that is indeed the case, I enjoy boost low because it hopefully just allows cars that wipe out to catch back up while giving no advantage to the front runners. I wish I could verify this though. Is the boost calculated by distance from the leader? running position?
 
Back