ONLY cars wiped out after 1.14

• Thread starter GV27
  • 10 comments
Spain
Barcelona
GV27-
Today I had the strangest thing happen on me...

Started the game, something did not load well (it didn't show any selected car, nor it did show any background movie on the main menu) and when I tried to enter "Home", the game crashed.

Started the game again and I only have the preorder cars. But! I have my level, credits, mileage, media, liveries... everything, except for the cars. It couldn't be a corrupt save in the sense that if it was, everything should have been deleted, right? I'm quite confused and a little bit miffed*.

Oh, and don't mention a cloud save, because I tried to look at it and I had none. PS Plus noob. Just to clarify, I don't want "PD sucks" or "it's your fault" messages here; just trying to understand what happened.

* Okay, I'm properly pissed. Spent a **** ton of time on the game and now everything is gone. Sucks. Particularly because I am not a person who enjoys six hours of free time a day.

Right, thank you Famine! I saw the thread but I felt the direction it was taking implied it was a corrupt save and everything got deleted, not just the cars. I felt it was odd that only that part was gone.
I have to concur that it's a bit odd you've lost one aspect of your save, but everything else in both local and online saves is fine...

I am puzzled as well!! And it sucks, because even if I grind to oblivion, that won't get the PDI Kart back, for example.

Might explain why we are getting maintenance again tomorrow, i know it normally happens weekly but surely the scheduled maintenance would of been tied in with yesterdays update, just my take on it.

Might explain why we are getting maintenance again tomorrow, i know it normally happens weekly but surely the scheduled maintenance would of been tied in with yesterdays update, just my take on it.
Yesterday was an update. Tomorrow is the regular weekly server maintenance.

Today I had the strangest thing happen on me...

Started the game, something did not load well (it didn't show any selected car, nor it did show any background movie on the main menu) and when I tried to enter "Home", the game crashed.

Started the game again and I only have the preorder cars. But! I have my level, credits, mileage, media, liveries... everything, except for the cars. It couldn't be a corrupt save in the sense that if it was, everything should have been deleted, right? I'm quite confused and a little bit miffed*.

Sorry to hear it, GV. Same thing for me: all mileage, photos, liveries, ranking, credits, etc. still there minus the garage cars. This isn't a corrupt save issue despite all the self-righteous posts about data protection in the other thread I started yesterday. Vote with your dollar.

This isn't a corrupt save issue despite all the self-righteous posts about data protection in the other thread I started yesterday.
Actually I'm pretty sure that it is, despite indignant protestations that someone else is responsible for keeping safe the data that you care about. If you'd kept a backup, it would be incredibly easy to confirm whether it is a corrupt save issue or not...

One thing that's worth checking is the "buy_car_count" section of your online profile. What do either of you see if you visit the GT Sport site community section (https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/user/) on the Cars Purchased panel?

What I see is the number of cars I purchased; 134.

Obviously, if I had backed up my data, it would be easy to check. But I don't think blaming the victim is right. If anything, tell them hopefully this teaches a lesson, etc.

But obviously, you're upset because something like this happened, and someone tells you "It's your fault!", and that's just uncalled for. I think.

Obviously, I'm not saying someone else is to blame. Maybe someone is, or maybe that was just random and simply unfortunate. It's just the way it is.

Latest Posts

Back