...onoes!! Not another GT vs. Forza thread! (answered)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Blank_Redge
  • 6 comments
  • 670 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
743
United States
Los Angeles area, CA
Alas, it is. (Apologies if this is in the wrong section; if it is, if one of the moderators can move it appropriately, that'd be fab. Cheers mate. :) )

Played a demo for the newest Forza, and... maybe it's just learning curve, but it felt more "arcade-y"? The demo was just a point-to-point race, and... yeah. Definitely felt less "sim" and more "arcade racer."

Not sure if that's by design or not; I thought Forza was supposed to be the "great GT killer." From the little bit I played the other night: not so much.


The general question is: Is Forza *supposed* to feel arcade-y, or is it supposed to deliver a sim experience, comparable to the way GT does?
 
Last edited:
I'm pretty sure there is a dedicated thread for all discussion related to the GT / Forza comparison.
 
Did you play the demo for Forza Horizon or Forza 4?
...I'm honestly not sure. In Forza Horizon, do you have to contend with driving on public roads and dodging traffic? The demo I played had that aspect (which lent to the "arcade-y" feeling.)

I'm pretty sure there is a dedicated thread for all discussion related to the GT / Forza comparison.
I saw the thread, but I didn't know if this would be an entirely appropriate contribution to said thread.
 
Sounds like you played Horizon indeed.
That game is meant to be more arcade than Forza itself.
 
Sounds like you played Horizon indeed.
That game is meant to be more arcade than Forza itself.
Aha! Well, that answers it, then. :)

Danke! :cheers:
 
On that note, I'd recommend hitting the dedicated Horizon thread if you have any further questions on it. Or even checking out Forza Planet.

With the question answered, though, I'll close this up 👍
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back