Opel Speedster Challenge

  • Thread starter Thread starter mouser
  • 36 comments
  • 4,850 views
ANK, that's exactly the reason, which is why I'm glad it's in the game :)
 
I won this race with both Opel cars and in A-Spec and in B-Spec. My B-Spec Bob does have 9083 pts. though. I trained him well bless him:). It's all in the tuning settings. Oh and I did this in A-Spec with Sports Soft tyres and no driving aids.

hornet_burnout is absolutely right when saying that the Opel Speedster is a better car than Opel Speedster Turbo in GT. This is a glitch with the GT concept. The Speedster Turbo is heavier irl (and as such in game) because it has a turbo. But since in GT parts have no weight it's possible to add a turbo to a Speedster and increase the power without gaining weight. This results in a modified Speedster having a better power to weight ratio than a modified Speedster Turbo, in GT. Not irl. I always check the weight of the cars as well as the hp and torque figures when I buy a car. HP on it's own is only part of the equation when evaluating a car's performance.
 
the reason the AI are so hard is because , like the 206 race, the opponents are racing in fully modded cars as well, if you want a setup to kill the AI go to this Speedster setup
 
I only got around to doing the speedster challenge yesterday . I had hyped a Turbo not realizing that the NAs had the upper hand but it seemed to crave a little tuning & a modest wing. When I entered ( Suzuka first as i thought it would pose the greatest challenge ) I was completely suprised by the 200 points expecting the AI to run near stock as always .
It was the handiest thousand points evar ! Here's a few pics of my turbo whupping the NA phalanx around the Autumnal ;





​
When the AI stays with you , it does help your concentration . Nearly all races should have a maxed AI option.
 
DeLoreanBrown
[/indent][/indent]When the AI stays with you , it does help your concentration . Nearly all races should have a maxed AI option.

I agree the game is far to easy.
 
Had a little trouble getting the settings right at first. Blew that last turn at the top of the hill at Infineon pretty bad one time.



Did get a good "flying backfire" shot, tho....
 
nice shots there gt4 idoit, i agree, some of the manufactur races are just a push over, NEEDS a "maxed out AI" option or something
 
Back