Opel speedster race question

  • Thread starter Thread starter waisiu
  • 28 comments
  • 2,765 views
Messages
2
I don't know if this is a bug . I have the chinese version and the problem is this.
In the race of the speedsters in the Opel hall , I entered a couple of different races and the Aspec award was 200pts for winning . some of the other cars were turbo and some non. I drove a non tuned speedster (non turbo) and was blown away by the others . so i tuned the car a little and re-entered the race . The Aspec was again 200pts. I lost again. I then tuned the car to its max and re-entered the race, again the Aspec was 200pts. I got a up to third place doing the seattle race. I drove not too badly but it was still hard to catch the leader.
I wonder how much hp the other cars have , I had 339hp and I would guess the others had much more than me. During other specific car type races that I've entered ,I believe the competition have non tuned cars as I could win without much trouble.
Has anyone come across this
 
I've had problems trying to beat this as well.. I bought both NA and Turbo Speedsters.. Max tuned both of them.. Best was 2nd in Turbo Max tuned with Nitrous.. it was tough.. I did place first a few times, but one little mistake and I'm way behind again.. I'm frustrated with this manufacturer race.. lol
 
I had similar problems until I put a wing on it and maxed out the downforce.
 
liten the chassis to stage 3 and put a wing on it. The A.I. seem to be max tuned.
 
Whatever the reason they made the AI cars so fast, this race is the most fun!~

I love this race series - AI actually mod their cars and its actually challenging in a way that tests my skills instead of blowing away the competition with power.
 
Frankly, i don't see how this race can do any good to driving capabilities, since it's completely "unrealistic" and nerves braking aggravating.
And why is it that, if i gently tap the car in front of me , it spins me around??
And if i go off into the sand with just 2 wheels, it takes 4/5 seconds for me to get out, but if "they" go off with all 4, "they" just...glide off of it as if it's ice??
On the other end, what was the point of even having the " Chrysler Crossfire" races? At least, that was more "realistic" but too easy.
Mr. PD (****) you ruined a good game (GT3) and made a "useless crap" out of this one. If i ever see you in person, i will show you my gratitude for such a "******* masterpiece!! :cheers: a glass of cyanide??
 
I think you guys just need to learn to drive....Be smooth and soft to carry speed. I won every race by atleast 10 sec.
 
The ai is definatly tuned in this one, I was getting stomped until full tuned the engine on my turbo version, biggest difference maker here is tires, racing tires will definatly help, medium or soft, however you like it, lowest aspec points I seen for the event was 198 with a fully tuned turbo and oil change resulting in 357 hp with a stage 2 weiught reduction and racing medium tires, still wasn't a really easy race but well enough to hold the lead.
 
Yes, the AI car in this series is fast, but only in straight. In corner they are very slow. They seem to drive for a short recing line rather than a fast one, so you can take them out in corner easily.
 
i agree with cervantis. I just drove into all the backs of the AI cars and they smashed into the walls and then its no problem but i did have them gradually catching up after. btw a rear wing does help a lot so get one if u havn't already
 
chrissims
... btw a rear wing does help a lot so get one if u havn't already
I agree with the wing. I wouldn't buy one before because of the whole "ricer" thing. But since I am racing a high power car, they actually should be on the car and it helps alot. Great for tweaking understeer/oversteer when the suspension settings aren't helping. Especially with the spring rate issue being discussed in the tuning forum, I don't know what to change currently.
 
Im doing the race right now, and has anyone else noticed that a stage 3 turbo, Speedster turbo will spike the boost guage but then slowly go down to 0 psi as the RPMs rise
 
Just fully completed this race yesterday. I have both non turbo and turbo Speedster. The Non-turbo Speedster handles better due to less weight. At least 100kg less. Both Speedster is maxed tuned.

I realized that for all the race, if you put on R2 tires (maxed tuned performance wise), the starting A-spec points will be 200. However, if you put on R3 tires, the A-spec points offered will be 184.

To win the races, I had to put on a little trick...

I'm an auto tranny driver for GT4, since the car has a redline of 6000 rpm and then the auto tranny will change gear, I had to hold on to R2 to keep the auto tranny from switching gears untill it redlines to 8000 rpm.

This was very useful because even with gear ratio adjustments, the car doesn't accelerates as fast as the others, so by holding on R2 and making each gear have an extra 2000 rpm to rev, I was able to fully utilze the power of this car indicated by the power band. Even when the engine did pass redline (6000 rpm), from (6001 rpm to 8000 rpm) the acceleration speed of the speedster doesn't decrease unlike some cars.
 
That's cool and all but I don't get why you're saying this when more them 70% of the people on here use manuel tranny's ? I can safely say also that they (Or myself) never shift at 6000 RPM... If this was directed only to the auto guys then disreguard this post but if it wasn't please inform me why you posted this up? 👍
 
huh? it's not so problem for me, just get Opel speedster turbo with backwing in, add all downforce, and also put a little lower and a little more harder shock (due to backwing downforce... just add .5 of each) and i just beat it like no problem :) hope it help :)
 
I struggled with this race for a bit as well. I used the turbo version and although I didn't use a wing or anything, I did pretty much max the thing out to finally be the first one over the line in every race.

Then I went back and started removing stuff to re-run the races again... and again... and again... Mostly because I realized what I had forgotten and this race series reminded me of. Yes, this race requires tuning and equipment but more importantly, this race is ALL about maintaining momentum, correct lines, patience, brake/throttle control and hitting the apex properly. Do it right and you own the finish line. Do it wrong and you are watching from the sand or grass.

phattboy
 
As stated previosly just add a wing and you can keep up with the other cars, Modify car a little bit and win it easily.
Bought both Speedster and Speedster Turbo did all Mods I could, still got smoked.
Read about adding Wing, did that, points went from 200 to 148 by just adding the wing.
Won every race easily.
 
Aight, I'll try your guys general suggestions, and I'll keep posted on what I did.

Thanks 👍
 
This cup is pretty tricky; I'm in the process of doing it now. I've won 4 of the 5 races but each one has taken me at least 2 attempts, with the exception of Seattle. What made Autumn Ring harder than it should have been was the fact that my car kept going into the sand on the little controlled warm up before the actual race starts. It put me about 2 and a half seconds behind fifth, when I should have been right behind it. Still won by 4 seconds though. :)
 
i just did these 5 races, used an speedster turbo.... with stage 2 turbo and NOS.... easily got 1000 a spec points lol!! and i'm a no great driver either!! i couldnt believe it was so easy

Gord

(PAL version)
 
Phil McCavity
i just did these 5 races, used an speedster turbo.... with stage 2 turbo and NOS.... easily got 1000 a spec points lol!! and i'm a no great driver either!! i couldnt believe it was so easy

Gord

(PAL version)

You must have a totally diferent game to me then as these 5 races in the Opel Speedster Cup are easily the hardest of the Manufacturers races to win without doing some serious tweaking to the cars (regardless of spec you are running).
 
its funny, b4 i read this topic, i tried to post a new thread where i stated that these 5 races (apart from missions) were so easy to get 1000 a spec points

now i read that people find it hard!! weird

the 1st time i went into these races, i had an unmod'd car.... and got whipped.... so i bunged on stage 2 turbo (my garage shows the car as 309 bhp)

and found i could still get the 200 pts per race, and it was easy!

mmmm i must be getting better at GT4!! LOL

Gord
 
ok my speedster turbo spec is:

racing exhaust, chip, rm tyres, NOS, stage 2 turbo, sports intercooler, racing brakes, semi race susp, fc transmission (still 5 gears tho), triple clutch, racing flywheel

309 bhp

i just redid the 1st race.... won easily, used a bit of NOS here and there (i hit the gravel trap on one turn lol.... well it is 5.20 am here)

Gord
 
Phil McCavity
ok my speedster turbo spec is:

racing exhaust, chip, rm tyres, NOS, stage 2 turbo, sports intercooler, racing brakes, semi race susp, fc transmission (still 5 gears tho), triple clutch, racing flywheel

309 bhp

i just redid the 1st race.... won easily, used a bit of NOS here and there (i hit the gravel trap on one turn lol.... well it is 5.20 am here)

Gord

First race is relatively easy to win without any tweaking at all (or using NOS), it is the other 4 that are the nightmares.

I have the Speedster Turbo with everything you can buy for it, and it took a lot of playing & tweaking of settings to get the car to win the races, mainly with the Suspension setup.
 
mmmm i didnt do any tweaking, mainly cos i dont have any clue about such matters hehe...... i just drive (mmmm bit like real life.... i just race my Seat Leon 1.8t Cupra, still not sure how to fill up the screen wash hehe ;) )

Gord
 
I played around with the downforce a little bit. I ended up with Front 1 and Back 3, and that seemed to help me.

Phil, you must be a better driver than you think. :sly:
 
Back