Opel Speedster Series Problems

• Thread starter 7715alex
  • 25 comments
I have a completely tricked out speedster turbo, and I am still getting roasted in the speedster series. Here are some of my settings

Tires - soft (r4) (I know I should have 3, but its only 4 laps)

Brake controller (front and back ) - 20

nitrous - 100

spring rate 11- front, 11.8-rear

ride height 83-front, 88-rear

stabilizers - 5 (front and rear)

gear ratio - auto 9

the driving aid for understeer I changed from 10 to 11

SOMEONE GIVE ME A HAND!

This one gave me troubles too. Since the AI was always beating me in the straight-away, I boosted the hp. It ended up being a rather expensive set of races to win.
So, try bumping up your hp until you can keep up with the AI in straight-aways. (I personally don't like using nitrous, I used a racing muffler and turbo, but do as you like.)
Are you having trouble controling the car? If not, try turning the understeer and oversteed aids off. Many people on this board, including myself, feel the cars handle better when they are off.

One thing to consider... if you are running a Speedster Turbo, DON'T PUT ON THE STAGE 2 TURBO... The gains in peak HP are offset by a loss of torque elsewhere in the powerband. Net result: You will be slower than the stage 1!

I just looked at my settings from when I ran that series:

Full racing suspension, all default settings
Stage 1 turbo
racing intercooler
chip
full-race exhaust
wing added, maximum downforce front and rear
full custom transmission, default settings
single plate clutch
racing flywheel
port/polish head
full engine balance
weight reduction stage 3
I think I used R4 tires (second softest racing tires)

I didn't do the limited slip, sports brakes, brake bias controller, chassis stiffening, or nitrous. TCS and ASM were shut off.

I got 200 A Spec points, even with all of those mods, but was able to win all of the races with some solid driving.

I ran this in a non-turbo speedster. Had to tweak the gearing for each track to get the most out of the engine. I used T4's, muffler, NA2, engine balance, port polish, chip, and all drive train upgrades. Had to drive pretty hard constantly and pass dirty at times to get the lead, but won them all by just a couple seconds and 200 A-Spec points.

Having fits with this also.
Bought Speedster Turbo
Stage 3
Fully Custom tranny set at 11
Wt. reduction 3
Sport brake
All Engine Mods

Barely able to catch up to 1st place car in Seattle race.
Blown away at Inferion (formerly Sears point) race #4.

Will try Wing w/max. downforce

Thanks for all tips.
Baron

this far this is one of the hardest races in the game.. :ill: I've tried to B-spec it, I've tried to drive it myself, and my car is fully modded, and still I'm beaten by a 🤬 stock car!! damn.. I want that calibra.. it was my favourite car in GT2&3.. :guilty:

i personally didnt have very many problems with my Speedster turbo with a fully custom suspension/tranny with stage 3 weight reduction and stage 1 turbo i bought nitrous and used a 70 shot throught the straights and i could keep up with my other cars but my biggest advantage was with the early braking from that AI that allowed me to easily pass them

these are some of the hardest races in the game that ive found. deffinatly turn off the ASM the TC can be set to like 2 or 3 if your oversterring in the corners its most likely the ASM it realy has bad effects on this car for some reason. also if you use nitrous ( idk why you wouldent ) dont use it till after your fully out of a turn as it wont realy have an effect till your going in a straight line or mostly straight anyway draft your opponets to slingshot around them on straightaways. and if all else fails go full speed into tight corners with sand and knock them (censored mothers ) out in the lovely sand ( they need a tan anyway ) lol

but seiously your problem is mostlikely the ASM

You keep your gear ratio at auto 9? Ok well you make it through the corners fast but you won't get much speed down the straights maybe like 120-140 mph. If that. I haven't raced that series so i wouldn't know about the track.

Leonidae
this far this is one of the hardest races in the game.. :ill: I've tried to B-spec it, I've tried to drive it myself, and my car is fully modded, and still I'm beaten by a 🤬 stock car!! damn.. I want that calibra.. it was my favourite car in GT2&3.. :guilty:

hehe Amen to all that!

But remember that its for sale in the Vauxhall garage....i dont think theres a difference between the Opel and Vauxhall ones is there?

Hitandrun
What about it Moco?

It was JUST posted!!! F** it!!! :)

After reading this thread and noticing "200 A-Spec points" I said to myself "YES! Let’s do this!" Holy crap that's some good competition! This race has probably been the most enjoyable racing I've had in GT4. Anyway the competition is good but not unbeatable.

Call me a glutton for punishment or someone that likes a challenge but I held off on the Stage 3 turbo and stuck with 2, also didn't think about a Roll Cage or Weight Reduction. Other than that I threw everything else on it. It came out to be dead on 315HP with Medium Race tires. With everything still on default I won the 1st race Grand Valley without too much effort (I know that track super well from GT3) but I *DID* have to try, it wasn't a coast-job. Anyway I was very pleased with the competition. 2nd race - OH DAMN these boyz are here to play! Now I had to tune...

N0S = THE KEY! a 65 shot will do for everything except Infineon (for me anyway)

Suspension:
Front Rear
SR 4.2 5.0
RH 100mm 100mm
SB 8 8
SR 8 8
CAM 2.0 2.0
TOE 0 0
STAB 3 4

Transmission:
Auto 7 Final 3.300
5th = 0.970

Brakes: 10/12
Tires: Racing Medium

ASM(Oversteer) 10
ASM(Understeer) 12
TCS 7
======================================

Took me several hours this morning because I REFUSED to use the Stage 3 turbo, Weight Reduction, and Roll Cage. The rolling start races are the WORST. Infineon is the biggest bi*** of them all IMHO. For me the absolute KEY to victory was shots of N0S out of sharp/heavy turns, this car loses major speed in the turns and the N0S really helps to launch this car out of turns. For the life of me I just couldn’t get 1st on Infineon (always 2nd). So I caved in, took a break, and purchased the Stage 3 turbo. Also did an oil change and a car wash just for the hell of it. Car went from 315 to 361 and I won the Infineon on the 1st try (oh, I also pumped the N0S shot to 75)

I'll try the Roll Cage, Wing, and Soft Tires to see how big of an impact it will make. My feeling is that the car with then EASILY dust everyone and ruin a little joy of the circuit.

In closing try out my tranny settings it makes all the difference as far as power. Also brakes and the N0S are critical. I say critical for anyone not using Tires and Roll Cage great racing fun!!!

I've had same kind of problems in 206 series too. I fully modded the 206 RC but I can't even keep up with the rest of the pack. It's around 340hp with stage 2 turbo. Has anyone won that cup?

Flanker
I've had same kind of problems in 206 series too. I fully modded the 206 RC but I can't even keep up with the rest of the pack. It's around 340hp with stage 2 turbo. Has anyone won that cup?

Yeah, i had probs so i just caved in and bolted a Stage 4 Turbo on it.

Heres the settings I used:

Right Left
Brakes 6 12

Susp Front Rear
Spring 5 4
Ride 105 105
Damper - all 8's
Camb 2 2
Toe 0 0
Stabi 6 6

ASM Ov 10
ASM Und 15
TCS 7

DForce 13-15

NOS 75

These could probably be better but it worked for me :)

NA Opel is a faster car... turns better too... I lost interest in the Turbo wheni found the NA had a better powerband, and better PWR...

is it safe to assume that these are the tuning guidelines for the turbo model, i could use some help with the n/a model
thanx

Yeah, i had probs so i just caved in and bolted a Stage 4 Turbo on it.

Heres the settings I used:

Right Left
Brakes 6 12

Susp Front Rear
Spring 5 4
Ride 105 105
Damper - all 8's
Camb 2 2
Toe 0 0
Stabi 6 6

ASM Ov 10
ASM Und 15
TCS 7

DForce 13-15

NOS 75

These could probably be better but it worked for me

I installed everything but NOS and Rollcage and still got 200 Aspecs.
Springs 10/12
Shocks 7/7, 7/7
Camber 2.5, 1.5
Stabilizers 5/5
Toe +1, 0

LSD: 23/40/13

Tranny: widened gears two clicks

i did the whole series with the Speedster Turbo, upgrades; stage 2 turbo, all the engine upgrades (no NOS used at all), no weight reduction, no rollcage, Racing mediums, semi-racing suspension, racing exhaust, racing brakes, wing, oil change, got 200pts per race and a lovely Calibra which i used with no upgrades, to win the DTM championship in Euro events

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one having troubles with this race. I got so ticked off at the AI that I just shut the PS2 off. Sometimes, even if I was on the apron, they still managed to get on the inside and muscle me to the outside. I HATE how you cannot push them around, yet they can push you around. :grumpy:

Anyway, I guess I'll have to increase my downforce at Suzuka to beat that track. Grr, silly AI. If they'd not slam into you, I'd have beaten that track my first time.

7715alex
I have a completely tricked out speedster turbo, and I am still getting roasted in the speedster series. Here are some of my settings

Tires - soft (r4) (I know I should have 3, but its only 4 laps)

Brake controller (front and back ) - 20

nitrous - 100

spring rate 11- front, 11.8-rear

ride height 83-front, 88-rear

stabilizers - 5 (front and rear)

gear ratio - auto 9

the driving aid for understeer I changed from 10 to 11

SOMEONE GIVE ME A HAND!

Turn the ASM to 0 for both.
Set TCS to 1.
Your springs are too hard and ride hieght to low.

Brake controller is also to high.

Your gears need to be adjusted for each track. Grand Valley should be 12 or 13.
Shorter tracks 10.

Suspension:
ride height front : min of 10 above lowest
spring rate increase by about 1 each end
stabilizers : 3 both front and back
dampers : 5 / 6 front back

I added 10 kilos to get 200 points and set weight balance to -10.
I found this made the car very stable and easy to drive.
at Infinion I used Nos.
You may hate my settings but they work for me.

I won this tricky little series.

Put full mods on the car and experiment as many have suggested. We all drive a little differently. I didnt use big changes in spring rates, they're to dicky for amateurs to play with. I sometimes increse or decrease damper bound and front or back stablizers until my time are improved. I used nos when the acceleration and revs were low.

The change I made that I haven't seen in this string is to the diff.

Try setting up better speed around corners using this:

initial : 6 Accel : 58 decel :7

Run the tranny out toward 5,000, maybe 4800 and adjust the final to suit the track, (top gear red lines at your BRAKING POINT for the next corner).

If you are sick of losing, try setting the car up on the circuit and getting comfortable withit before you enter the race. You have to be able to relax in order to push these little horrors without leaving the track.

I think the key to this race is smooth driving, rather then trying to outgun the others on a straight. The suspension setting are crucial. Autumn ring reverse caused some grey hairs because I had corner entry understeer and a woobly tail on exit.

Eventually won by 2 secs; you certainly earn that Calibra.

Back