Opel/Vauxhall Vectra Estate to Come to US?

  • Thread starter Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 29 comments
  • 1,240 views

YSSMAN

Super-Cool Since 2013
Premium
Messages
21,286
United States
GR-MI-USA
Messages
YSSMAN
Messages
YSSMAN
In a not so shocking turn of events, it seems GM is interesting in bringing the Vectra Estate to the US as a variant of the direct-from-Europe Saturn Aura. Although according to Leftlane News, officals at GM won't confirm the plan, sources from the company have "leaked" information to Automotive News on the possibility of it occouring. According to the story, 2008 or 2009 would be the year for the debut (should it happen), and would be the only wagon variant of the Epsilon platform sold in the US (Malibu Maxx/Vectra Sportback not included).

SOURCE

vauxhall_vectra_22_01_06.jpg

+
0605_2007_saturn_aura_01_445.jpg

= SWEET!
 
You lucky, lucky people...
 
👍 Hopefully, Holden will be next. :D
 
TheCracker
You lucky, lucky people...

Hey, I'm just happy to see more of the "good stuff" we don't have comming to the US. Remember that whole thread about how our American cars suck? Well, if anything is better, I suppose this is a step in the right direction, no?

I like the idea because then I know I can pick up a used one down the road for a decent price, and that doesn't sound like a bad idea...
 
Like the Aura, the Vectra Estate is a great looking car, but I still doubt I'd ever buy a Saturn, if only for the fact that GM spared it instead of Oldsmobile. Hey, here's an idea: Call the new wagon the Aura Cruiser and glue some fake wood on its flanks! :sarcasm:
 
Ah, GM.
Importing dullness, one car at a time.
 
It's better than what they had before.
 
..what was before?
 
I think this is replacing the Sky.
 
Nah, the Sky is a new roadster.
 
Your right, it might be the Ion.
 
live4speed
Your right, it might be the Ion.

Yes. The Vectra is replacing this POS:

saturn_ion_04_big.jpg

2004_saturn_ion_5.jpg

saturn_ion_02_big.jpg


I'd rather drive a barf bag on wheels...oh wait I can already do that at my local Honda dealer!

Oh and that estate looks brilliant, can't wait to start seeing some better stuff overhere.
 
Actually, word has it that the Astra will be replacing the Ion. Of course this wouldn't be the first time GM has imported Astras; remember the Daewoo-built Pontiac LeMans? Luckily for Saturn, the current Astra is actually kinda cool...
 
No no no!!!

VECTRA= Saturn AURA in the US. The Aura is replacing this:
4SA.JPG

The Saturn L-Series...

The Vectra is allready sold in the US as the Chevrolet Malibu (Maxx shown):
20025876-396x249.jpg


And Pontiac G6:
2006.pontiac.g6.jpg


---

The Saturn Aura will be slotted against cars like the Acura TSX (read Euro Accord), and will retain all of it's European looks and performance by comparison to the other American models.

---

It is the ASTRA that is replacing the Ion, and there is still talk that the Corsa could also come to the US as a Saturn as well.

---

BTW: I hope I didn't sound like an ass there. I just wanted to be sure ya'all were corrected...
 
Either way the Ion is crap. I actually like the L-series Saturns. They are confortable, reliable, and they aren't slow. GM is very smart for bringing the Vectra and Astra to the states...and they didn't uglify them like they did with the Maxx. I'm sorry but that front end just looks like ass.
 
Well, it is the old version of the Malibu Maxx. The new ones (in particular the SS) don't look too bad...

177308.1-lg.jpg


See???
 
The front bumper just looks like crap to me...those headlights are all wrong.
 
That Aura looks pretty dog-gone nice. I hope they do import some of the Holdens, as well as some of the Vauxhalls.
I think the Holden Ute would make for an interestingly redesigned El Camino, no?
 
I like the idea of the Holden Ute/ chevy Lumina Ute here as an El Camino!
 
YSSMAN
The Vectra is allready sold in the US as the Chevrolet Malibu (Maxx shown):
20025876-396x249.jpg

YSSMAN
Well, it is the old version of the Malibu Maxx. The new ones (in particular the SS) don't look too bad...

177308.1-lg.jpg


See???

Eww they sure know how to mess it up, what did they do with the rear quarter?

ozyran
I think the Holden Ute would make for an interestingly redesigned El Camino, no?


Zeta based Holden ute is a year or two away yet, so if they do decide to sell them in the US it wont be for quite some time (Chances of selling the current outdated ute in the US one is next to none).
 
They didn't change anything in the back on the Malibu Maxx, only the front was changed on the Malibu models to look like the bule one.
 
YSSMAN
They didn't change anything in the back on the Malibu Maxx, only the front was changed on the Malibu models to look like the bule one.

Yeah I mean the back compared to the Vectra.
 
Ooops, my bad. The Malibu Maxx shares it's stuff with the Vaxhall/Opel/Holden Signum. The rear is nearly identical, only the Chevrolet's window doesn't go to the edge of the hatch.

Chevy_Malibu_Maxx_Tail.jpg
 
Yeah I'm glad Holden kept it like this.

vectra4.JPG
 
Today i saw a Vectra with a Chevrolet badge in San Diego. Is this a Mexican car or does anybody know the story?:confused:
 
That would be the Chevrolet Malibu, which shares most of it's stuff with the Vectra. Although it is a pretty highly tweaked version of the car, the Saturn Aura will be a "ship it to the US from Germany" model that will go without any major alterations to the overall design or performance (suspension wise) to the car.
 
GM cars being built somewhere else than North America = ownage. Esp. if from Germany or Australia.
 
Actually the Aura will be built at the Fairfax assembly plant just outside of Kansas City, Kansas. I was refering that the design overall is just sent to us via the online interweb and we build it...

It isn't tuned for America like the Malibu and G6 were...
 
I dont think it was a Malibu, unless it was a pre-production model. It looked exactly the same as the Opel but with a Chevy badge.
 
I bet you lot want the Vectra Estate VXR to be sold in the US as well?
 
Back