Open Arms Ukraine Benefit Event- postponed for now- a new format and date may be issuedFinished 

• Thread starter srmellott
  • 19 comments
srmellott
Saturday May 31st Start time 10 AM Eastern Time

500 PP Street Production Cars, No NOS, Bring your best tunes!!!

This special event will be ran in Race for Fun mode. The room name will be: Open Arms Ukraine Benefit Event

For every full event ran during this event $100 will be donated to Open Arms Ukraine. There are NO costs for you. No entry fees and no requirements or commitments are required from you. Everyone is welcomed to join in during the day and have FUN!!

All participants are encouraged to participate in as many events as they want- Every race and event matters to help this wonderful non-profit organization and all of the kids that they work with.

After every race points will be given out in Gran Turismo value system. After every 3 race events the points will be tallied and an event winner will be declared. The event winner will be entered into a drawing for a $20 PSN card. So the more events you race and win- the better your odds of winning the $20 PSN card.

EVENT LIST

Event 1 Races (3 laps)
Trial Mountain
Daytona Road Course
Mt. Panorama

Event 2 Races (3 laps)
Laguna Seca
Fuji GT
Deep Forest

Event 3 Races (3 laps)
Monza with chicanes
Silverstone International
Spa

Event 4 Time Trial (10 minutes each)
Silverstone- Stove
London
Streets of Willow Springs

Event 5 Races (3 laps)
Indy Road Course
Brands Hatch GP
Nurburgring GP/D

Event 6 Races (3 laps)
High Speed Ring
Tokyo
Rome

Event 7 Time Trial (10 Minutes each)
Ascari
Tsukuba
Autumn Ring Mini

Event 8 Races (3 laps)
SS Route 5 Clubman
Monza w/o chicanes
Daytona

Event 9 Races (3 laps)
Circuit de la Sarthe 2009 w/o chicanes
Indy
Special Stage X (2 laps only)

Event 10 Races (3 laps)
Madrid Mini
Silverstone GP
Brands Hatch Indy
Throughout the month of May I will be fine tuning everything for this event, I want to make this an enjoyable event for all of you!!!

There will be more updates about this event as well so please watch this thread.

For more information about Open Arms Ukraine please visit www.facebook.com/openarmsukraine
and www.openarmsukraine.blogspot.com And hey, when you're on facebook how about clicking that little like button and inviting all of your friends as well!!!

Thank you everyone. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to ask. Hope to see you on the track May 31st!!!!

Here's a link to a video about Open Arms Ukraine:

Attachments

• monza-logo-smaller.png
    monza-logo-smaller.png
    11.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Working on some changes to the format. More information to come soon. Hope to see you all on the track on May 31st to help raise money and awareness for this wonderful organization!!

Sounds like a good cause. I'll try to participate.

Thank you!! I'm going to switch up the format- we will be switching tracks all day- throw in some races a few time trials that type of thing. The more I thought about driving on one track all day made me yawn myself. :) I will post more information as soon as I finalize a schedule of events. Thanks again!!

Some photos of the kids and Open Arms team members. Help spread the word about Open Arms Ukraine and be part of being a family to these beautiful children. Thank you!!

sashandvika.jpg vikaanddima.jpg mikephotobombs.jpg alwaysagoodtimejusjf.jpg boyshangout.jpg chelsandbabyloving.jpg leandownlove.jpg toocoolannie.jpg anikstripe.jpg springcampgroup.jpg starkmelsanika.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like a fun event, does it matter what tires we run? Also can we switch cars during the event?

Any tires and car switches are permitted. There will be 3 minutes between each race - should be plenty of time to make a switch if you would like. Thank you racefan8850!!! I look forward to seeing you on the track May 31!!!!

I can't guarantee I'll be there but if the time is right I wouldn't mind running some laps.

Thanks redbullrider20!! Even if you cannot make it the race, you can still be a huge help just by liking the Open Arms Ukraine facebook page and inviting your friends too. Thank you again!!

Unfortunately after an hour and a half of racing by myself- this event has been postponed. I am sorry if you were intending of joining in later- but it was time to pull the plug on this event. Again I am sorry if this has caused you any trouble at all. Thank you for understanding- God Bless!!!

Back