Open parking lot/flat or open tarmac space (no walls)

Would you like an open space, available to use for Gymkhana/drifting?

• Total voters

ITCC_Andrew

(Banned)
Canada
Kitchener
I've been asking around/searching for this for a while now, not yet seen it. I'm sorry, moderators, in advance, if someone's already made this thread.

Anyways, I'd like to hear about interest in an "open parking lot" type thing, with the chance to move pylons about (like on Top Gear Test Track, but, bigger) to create circuits of our own, for Autocross, gymkhana and drifting.

As most of you can see, in my signature ("My real car,") I'm into Autocross. I'm disappointed that PD removed the "Coffee Break" side games from the older GT games. They were amazing! Nowadays, this idea could be expanded, into online play, AND into drifting and autocross events.

YouTube search, showing the existence of this feature in Gran Turismo 4.

Who'd like to see it brought back? I would!

Last edited:
If you mean like a flat terrain where you could place your own cones, that would be great! Creating custom gymkhana tracks would be an amazing feature.

And there should be a poll.

That would be great! I like the idea a lot!

I love the idea too. Growing up far away from real racetracks has taught me to enjoy the smaller parts of driving, and no one really understands how much fun it could be to have an open parking lot, with some pylons, to drift in.

If you mean like a flat terrain where you could place your own cones, that would be great! Creating custom gymkhana tracks would be an amazing feature.

And there should be a poll.

I added a poll.

Some ideas:

-Allow players to choose the penalty for hitting a pylon (1 second, 2 seconds, etc., or disqualification)
-Give us the choice to limit the cars, so that we can organize it into an online competition (everyone takes a run, and the fastest time wins)
-Give us timing lines, that we can place
-Give players the chance to set up a "staggered" start, like in rally, so that two cars don't bump into each other
-Give us a very large layout, so that drifters have enough room.
-let us choose how large to make the gates in between the pylons.

Best idea I've seen yet, and I also imagine it would be quite easy to implement, considering there are no elevation changes. I like your thinking sir.

Best idea I've seen yet, and I also imagine it would be quite easy to implement, considering there are no elevation changes. I like your thinking sir.

Thanks Schwartz; it's cool to hear that from someone who's actually logical, like you. 👍 👍 Nothing wrong with anyone else, but, you and I agree on a lot.

I imagine it'd be quite easy to implement, since they have built in pylon physics into GT5, that, IMO, don't even need to be changed. (evidence at Top Gear Test Track) and they have done simple "open areas," as proven by the OP's links to Polyphony Digital's earlier work, GT4 and GT4 Prologue.

If nothing else it would be great for photomode. Just imagine, fill up the entire field with cones and then take a stock CTR out and just floor it and steer!

Yes please. It would be like a better version of the Forza Benchmark Test Track.

The Forza version was a joke, and a flop. It quickly became the "money glitch track."

Certainly, Polyphony Digital's more down-to-Earth point of view will give us a much better "open playground."

Never heard of a glitch?
Money is easy to come by in that game anyhow.

He refers to Forza 3 I presume. You could set up a race with R1 class and do stupid round-and-round *race* with AI with high amount of money being paid out as a bonus after you conclude 90 laps of stupid and pointless driving around the poles.

No real point there, if someone really want to do such stupid driving to get credits, he should be compensated for that. :D

He refers to Forza 3 I presume. You could set up a race with R1 class and do stupid round-and-round *race* with AI with high amount of money being paid out as a bonus after you conclude 90 laps of stupid and pointless driving around the poles.

No real point there, if someone really want to do such stupid driving to get credits, he should be compensated for that. :D

Thanks for the support guys!!

And, yes, amar is right. :)

Back