Open-World Sandbox Racer Wreckreation Coming to PC and Consoles in 2023

• Thread starter Famine
  • 42 comments
We more or less had this already in Gran Turismo PSP since the license tests or bette called challenges were the only thing close to a career mode in the game apart from single races.

Looks like they're trying to expand on the racing scene that GTA Online created. If they can drastically reduce the waiting time between races (reasons why I stopped racing in GTA and Wreckfest) it could be interesting.

THQ also publish Wreckfest right?

I wonder if it has Wreckfest physics. That would be awesome. The name seems to draw allusions to Wreckfest. I'll keep my fingers crossed that there's some common DNA in the engine.
I thought this was a direct sequel to Wreckfest when I first read the title, gutted when I found out it wasn't.

Wreckfest has by far the most enjoyable physics in my opinion.

TBH I completely forgot about this game. I was very interested when I first heard about but now it's kinda meh. Maybe when it gets closer to release I will get more excited about it

I don't know the game or the physics, but this circuit maker reminds me the Dirt5... a little bull...****.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it has a mix of Wreckfest and Burnout with open world and editing in it then I will be happy. For now that actually seems to be the case. An underrated aspect of sandbox games to me is editing in the open world. Hopefully there are traffic or maybe even other ai cars (like drivatars or whatever) to mess with and cause massive crashes. Seeing Wreckfest style damage via GTA5 style editor would be awesome.

On the fence. Still hanging out for a direct Wreckfest sequel but the online aspect of this seems like it could be really good though, with the amount of track customization. We'll see.

Last edited:
On the fence. Still hanging out for a direct Wreckfest sequel but the online aspect of this seems like it could be really good though, with the amount of track customization. We'll see.

I wouldn't suggest looking for Wreckfest here as it's unrelated. This game started out as Dangerous Driving 2, the sequel to the tiny (team of seven) Criterion-breakaway's previous Burnout-like game. Wreckreation is set to be more of a "Burnout Paradise meets TrackMania", no realistic banger racing here, this'll likely play similarly to Forza Horizon 5 Hot Wheels, but with more high-speed shallow-angle drifting, boosting and Takedowns.*

*EA may claim ownership of the word 'Takedown' in a car-tackle context, so maybe something else.

I’m not sure there’ll be a Wreckfest 2. That was so perfect for what it was it’s hard to see how they could top it other than doing something like this - taking the game open world or something. So I reckon this is essentially going to be it. I prefer “sequels” like this, something drastically different and fresh but pushing all the same buttons for the same fans. If this is anything as great as Wreckfest I can’t wait.

Last edited:
Looks like a mix of GTA V, Hot Wheels, and Table Top Racing. I'll have to wait for a low price before I buy it.

Back