Opening Movie Freezes in GT5 AND GT6

• Thread starter JKooks
  • 4 comments
[First off, my apologies if this has already been dealt with, but I sincerely searched using every combination of terms that I thought would get the results I was looking for without any luck. That said, if necessary, please merge this with the appropriate thread and let's all get on with our lives.]

A while back, sometime after PD updated the GT5 opening movie, I began to experience a glitch with the new intro. It seemed to work fine at first, but within a few days it began hanging up at a certain spot, at which point the game would momentarily freeze before before overriding the intro and advancing on to the Home screen. Normally I would just skip the intro anyway, but the only reason I noticed this was because one day I booted up the game and stepped into the other room to do something while the game loaded. When I heard the music cut off abruptly, I darted back into room to find the screen stuck on this:

20131208_204519.jpg

I would have just written this off as a minor glitch and forgotten all about it since I have about a million other ways to watch that intro if I really HAVE to see it again. The problem is that after inserting GT6 for the first time the other day and sitting through the v1.01 download patch, I tried to give THAT opening movie an inaugural spin only to have it do the EXACT SAME THING. The GT6 intro vid freezes here (and then eventually returns to the game just as GT5 did):

20131208_204848.jpg

My first thought was that maybe I was having a laser/console issue since this problem seemed to occur at roughly the same amount of elapsed time into each intro. But I have NEVER had any issues with other games, DVDs or Blu-Ray discs.

I have had absolutely ZERO luck searching here, Google or anywhere else for anything related to this. If anyone reading this has had this happen or has any idea what this could be, I would love to hear it because I'd really like to know if this is a PD issue or if there is something legitimately wrong with my console.

Thanks in advance.

Can you see the long ending movie in GT5 with out errors?

If not, I will recomend you the laser shift ASAP. (Just skipping a long history i could tell)

If not, I will recomend you the laser shift ASAP. (Just skipping a long history i could tell)

To be honest, I can't remember if I've tried to watch that since I began having this problem, but I'll be sure to give it a go after work. I'll let you know what happens.

This has been happening to me in GT5 for like a year now, I deleted the updates and the vanilla intro with My Chemical Romance played correctly, I re-updated the game and the same error happened so I just disabled it all together. I don't know about GT6 though, I don't have it.

Also, after this happened to me, I tried to watch it from the Gran Turismo TV playlist and the same thing happened.

Okay. Just got home and played the long version of the GT5 ending movie with no problems of any kind. Aside from this seemingly coincidental intro bug on both games, I've never had any video playback issues with my console, before or since.

This has been happening to me in GT5 for like a year now, I deleted the updates and the vanilla intro with My Chemical Romance played correctly, I re-updated the game and the same error happened so I just disabled it all together. I don't know about GT6 though, I don't have it.

Also, after this happened to me, I tried to watch it from the Gran Turismo TV playlist and the same thing happened.

I can't say with 100% certainty, but a year ago sounds about right. I just now tried to watch the GT5 intro from within Gran Turismo TV and it consistently hangs up at 0:16.

I have no idea what this is about - much less whether or not this is related to the issue I'm having with GT6 - and I'm kind of surprised that web searches come up empty on this one. This is less about wanting to watch an intro movie and more about just wanting something I've paid for to work properly when I want it to.

Back