Opinion for the 24 Hours of Curcuit de la Sarthe

Messages
1
I'm about to do the 24 Hours of Curcuit de la Sarthe to get the Bentley Speed 8...so I want everyones oppinion on what I should use and I'll use the one I feel suits my needs, and if I don't have it i'll find out how to get it. :D
 
Use a CLK-GTR and get 200 A-Spec points for it. Then you never have to do it again.
 
ya famine has a point, but I would use the r8. personal opinion for that race (and every other):)
 
[GT]Legacy[GT]
Dont mess around and use the F1 and it'll take less time

I'd quite like to post this comment on the main page of the site, before anything else loads.

Car suggestions for a 24 HOUR RACE... An F1, because it'll take less time?
 
Famine
I'd quite like to post this comment on the main page of the site, before anything else loads.

Car suggestions for a 24 HOUR RACE... An F1, because it'll take less time?

👍 :lol:

AMG
 
:lol: does F1 car has faster tire wear?
since you can't change it to super hard and need to enter the pit more often
isn't a very good idea I think
let me know if I am wrong :)
 
i think that the F1 would be smart not faster but you would get a lengthy lead and would put the race in your hands. then it wouldnt matter how many times you pit. good luck.
 
mh, take the R8 or the Pescarolo Courages for a "true" LM-feeling since the layout is the 2002++one.

Take the Toyota GTOne to give him at least one win - well, that's what I'll do, but the car will be harder to drive ...

if you like neutral handling, take a Nissan R390 .. the most boring one, though, as far as I'm concerned ^^.
 
Does the F1 car have a flux capacitor I don't know about or something??? :lol:

Anyways......I use the CLK-GTR with oil change, and rigidity increase and ran it 90% A-Spec mode in 24hours REAL TIME. That's right, I sat behind my DFP for 20hours. I only b-speced it twice and that was for a combined 4 hours of b-spec mode. The first time was just a routine driver change (had planned running it like the real lamans with schedualed changes throughout the race) but after 2 hours my 2 lap lead was now a 1 lap defacite, so I only did it once more at dinner time for another 2 hours stint. The race finished up in 24 hours, 1 minute, 8 seconds. I had carpel tunnel in my pinky for a week after that race and it took around 48hours to fully recover. It's quite a work out. Theres a write up about it I put on here somewhere. It was last August when I did it.
 
I B-spec'd the race with the FGT car and won by 6-7 laps on Speed Setting 3. It's not that fast at the end of the straights (about 206-210 mph), but it's superior to its competition in the turns.
 
I'vd done it twice already, both races with the Bentley Speed 8.
Most of the time I A-spec'd it, but when I have a really good lead vs the 2nd place car, maybe like 4- 6 laps ahead, I B Spec the rest

Also, am I the only one with a B spec(7.2k stats) driver who just cant turn the Mulsanne exit properly?
 
I started to do it with the F1 and then realized no matter how far ahead i get ill always get screwed by the pitting ill need to do. So i took a Toyota GTOne and put super hard on back, hard on front and never looked back. It goes through tires and fuel a little faster than id like but it still got me +13-14 laps ahead of my competition.
 
I used the McLaren F1 with a stage 3 turbo. This car will give you two hundred a-spec points. You would have to test to get the best setup you can. The competition for me came from the Sauber and a Mazdz787. I made a pitting mistake about half way through and won in the end by a bit less than a lap.
I have also completed it with a CLK GTR, built up for almost no a-spec points. the CLK was not necessarily an easier drive though, the Mclaren handles better. I had mazda pitting a lap before me and sauber a lap after. Smoooooothe consistent driving is the answer. I haven't used b-spec, but if you are using both a and b spec then you might as well use the most powerful car you can handle as A-spec points become irrelevant as soon as b-spec-bob gets behind the wheel.
Good luck.
 
Back