Opinion: Is it sacrilege to livery over the car name plate?

England
St helens, merseyside, England.
crazybuttocks198
Crazybuttocks19
The topic in question is asking whether you think it's right or not to put a decal over a GT in game car plate. The name plate is something that has been on the games forever and I for one think it's wrong to mess with it.

gt-sport-toyota-gryaris-003.jpg

The 'GR Yaris' is what I'm on about.

Last edited:
For me personally it depends. If i'm trying to make a street car livery I might replace it with an actual license plate, but if it's a race livery I always try to leave it like it's a "customer car".

Last edited:
When do you ever see a car on the road or racetrack with a plate like that?

When do you ever see a car on the road or racetrack with a plate like that?
You don't, but forever I'm the Gran Turismo series they have been a feature on the cars (especially road cars). The plates that show the cars logo on is something I have always loved. It feels wrong.to change it for another logo, or number or British license plate.

Me I always change the plate unless it's for a presentation livery that's not in the public domain.

I feel the default plates do not work with my livery design intentions and so they have a character from the show I am making a livery about or I find a Japanese licence plate to replace the blank area on the car and this will continue in GT7.

Will post up a couple of pics a bit later to show what I mean exactly as at work just now.

Part of me wishes they're removable altogether, but there's the technical issue in which they are hard-modeled into the body.

Back