The topic in question is asking whether you think it's right or not to put a decal over a GT in game car plate. The name plate is something that has been on the games forever and I for one think it's wrong to mess with it.
For me personally it depends. If i'm trying to make a street car livery I might replace it with an actual license plate, but if it's a race livery I always try to leave it like it's a "customer car".
You don't, but forever I'm the Gran Turismo series they have been a feature on the cars (especially road cars). The plates that show the cars logo on is something I have always loved. It feels wrong.to change it for another logo, or number or British license plate.
Me I always change the plate unless it's for a presentation livery that's not in the public domain.
I feel the default plates do not work with my livery design intentions and so they have a character from the show I am making a livery about or I find a Japanese licence plate to replace the blank area on the car and this will continue in GT7.
Will post up a couple of pics a bit later to show what I mean exactly as at work just now.