Opinion on X1.

• Thread starter Mike1027
  • 27 comments
Mike1027
Would you rather have the X1 from the Vettle challenges or have one from the dealership that you purchased by being level 40?

Personally I cant beat the vettle challenges so I am leveling and saving for the dark red one. I think it also looks nicer than the Vettle ones.

So what would you rather have?

Don't forget that you can win one from reaching level 35 B-Spec. That's where my first one came from and I won one myself from bronzing the Vettel challenges. I doubt that I'll ever buy an X1 from the dealer.

Mike1027
Im also using a DS3 so...

Hit 35 B spec and get one for free. Then you can practice with that on the tracks for Vettel challenge without worrying about having to restate and wait to leave the pit again. I think this will really help you learn the car, I did something similar to this with the S license tests. I bought a lot of the cars and used them in practice mode on the tracks for the test. It allowed me to learn how the car handled on each track so when I do the test and try for gold they are much easier. Allowed me to gold several on my first try :)

I used to hate the Red Bull X until I owned one, but i like it, i use it for my b-spec driver...he owns with it.

I would much rather get it from the Vettle Challenge. While it is difficult and takes some times to get the Bronze, it is worth it as it let's you get used to the car and how it functions. I feared that it would be almost impossible to control, but after getting my Red Bull, it became one of my favorite cars in the game; not to mention I find it to have exceptional handling.

Pretty excited about the possibility of a Red Bull-like car in Le Mans.

I already got an S. Vettel X2010 from the challenge but I really want a colored one still. Either White, Copper, or Cranberry for starters. I like how the car looks.

I thought that the only way to get an X1 was from your local BMW dealer?

i took mine from the challenges before the update. though i think i might buy a red one from the dealership to match my racing suit :)
my bobs drive the X1 from having reached lvl 35 b-spec. my gift to them...

Not entirely sure how I feel about the coloured ones yet; haven't really found one that speaks to me. I'm a fan of the Red Bull livery, m'self.

I thought that the only way to get an X1 was from your local BMW dealer?

That's getting old.

Anyways I have one from the Vettel challenge and never plan on buying one from the dealer.

I got all 3 of them using the DS3, still waiting to hit lvl35 on B-spec.

I think the Carbon version looks the best, although the black one I got with all silvers is really nice too:D

I hate the thing, personally, I only ever use it for Bob grinding. I mean I love the technology behind it, but for driving, I just don't enjoy it. I also hate how it accelerates when you steer, why? What possible use is there for that other than making it somewhat unpredictable?

However, I want at least one of every car I can get so I do need to get a showroom one and the carbon one, which I think looks stunning, but as it is I'm in no rush. The S. Vettel one is more than enough for Bob to do the DCC unsupervised. I wouldn't want to put the miles on my FGT, though, still haven't done the FGT races and I don't really want to spend 500,000cr on straightening the chassis...

I got used to my old Vettel X1.
It seems to ride better than the Carbon X1 a friend gifted me before the update.

The Carbon just couldn't seem to take corners like the other used to.

i don't like the X2010

waste of resources imo

they could've put any of the red bull F1 cars, i would like that a lot more

or ditch all of it and put more premium cars

I need to buy one since I got bronze on the Vettel challenge already and I already have another S.Vettel, Prototype and Orange one. I need to collect the other colored ones.

I have 4, did not buy, or trade for any of them. If you cant drive the car its not worth having, imo.

I've won numerous X2010 races online. Its about a 90/10 split. 90% of those who have them cannot make a lap without spinning or going off. 10% can.

I've done 56.5 seconds at Grand Valley, 1:01s at Suzuka, 56s at Monza. My experience tells me that if you cant drive the car its not fun. Spinning in the sand trap like a group of hornets or yellow jackets caught in a screen or net is not fun (thats what most people look like in the X2010.)

The car is actually very easy to drive properly with a wheel. You basically point it using small steering inputs. Its possible to run flat 245 mph through the Ss at Sarthe, Flat at 225 mph through the parabalica turn at Monza, and flat at 290 mph on the pit road entry road at Indianapolis.

I have an easier time racing this car than I do the conventional Ferrari Formula 1 cars in the game which I also spend alot of time on. I've done 4:54 at the Nurburgring using real track edge with assists in an F2007, 5:06 in the F10 which is much harder to drive.

The F1 cars are so much harder because you actually have grip lossage and you can spin the cars, which you cant really do with the X2010 if your steering it properly.

i don't like the X2010

waste of resources imo

they could've put any of the red bull F1 cars, i would like that a lot more

or ditch all of it and put more premium cars

They almost certainly would have included many F1 cars if they had the license to do so. If I have it right the FIA basically owns the F1 teams, and they give out the licensing to select game developers.

I would like to drive the 2004-2006 F1 cars which were much faster than they are now!

Last edited:
I have 4, did not buy, or trade for any of them. If you cant drive the car its not worth having, imo.

People can still get through some B-Spec races with it if they can't drive it. Nice lap times by the way. You have four so you got one for reaching B-Spec 35 and three for each trophy in the Vettel challenge? I can only get bronze on it with a DS3. :)

I actually thought this was going to be what the thread said xD. I suggest "Your opinion on ways of earning a X2010".

I'd have to say I prefer the dealership. The fact that you would just blend in with the crowd when driving the S. Vettel version shows that a pink X2010 is more unique, especially after the trade restrictions.

For an actual thought on the X2010: I personally HATE the car at 1500hp, but after cutting the power in half (1500 to 700 or so), I LOVE the car and is no longer a twitch machine.

I'm considering leaving my PS3 on tomorrow night and though school to get the money to buy a X2010, just which color is the question...

I actually thought this was going to be what the thread said xD. I suggest "Your opinion on ways of earning a X2010".

I'd have to say I prefer the dealership. The fact that you would just blend in with the crowd when driving the S. Vettel version shows that a pink X2010 is more unique, especially after the trade restrictions.

For an actual thought on the X2010: I personally HATE the car at 1500hp, but after cutting the power in half (1500 to 700 or so), I LOVE the car and is no longer a twitch machine.

I'm considering leaving my PS3 on tomorrow night and though school to get the money to buy a X2010, just which color is the question...

Just practice a bit. It wasn't too hard for me to get decent with the X2010 with a DS3. Getting bronze on the first two races of the Vettel challenge was easy enough for me, Suzuka was a little bit harder but far from a pain in the ass. I hate the FGT and how much it spins... you need to be more careful with it.

Just practice a bit. It wasn't too hard for me to get decent with the X2010 with a DS3. Getting bronze on the first two races of the Vettel challenge was easy enough for me, Suzuka was a little bit harder but far from a pain in the ass. I hate the FGT and how much it spins... you need to be more careful with it.
Eh, I'll eventually get around to it for the XP that I've heard you get for doing it. And yes, the FGT is a pain in the ass.

Oh yes I just got bronze and after I finished I was already a level 31. I never did anything as a lvl 30 but the Vettel challenge.

Back