Opinions about driving school

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
I first time played GTS the other day and I haven't played any Gran Turismo since Gran Turismo 4.
I found the GT Sport driving school became pretty much less challenging, too easy and too few.. Which I'm pretty disappointed.. :(Am I the only one who feels like this?

I honestly believe it is much easier. I don't recall going back to any of the licenses because they were challenging to gold - maybe the Dragon Trail lap, but that's it. It's been a while though, but going back to GT4 I remember how hard those licenses were to gold - and still are. Even GT5 license tests are not easy to gold (especially those start-stops... :nervous:).
You'd think they would be harder, or at least more difficult than they already are, considering how the game is FIA sponsored and competitive and all that.

As someone who picked up GT this April and have 100% on Driving School, Mission Challenges and Circuit Experiences and all Silver on Hamilton Time Trials, I feel like the point of Driving School/Mission Challenges/Circuit Experiences are to get a Sim newbie up to a passable level of skill.

If you want a real challenge, look to the Hamilton time trials.

As someone who picked up GT this April and have 100% on Driving School, Mission Challenges and Circuit Experiences and all Silver on Hamilton Time Trials, I feel like the point of Driving School/Mission Challenges/Circuit Experiences are to get a Sim newbie up to a passable level of skill.

If you want a real challenge, look to the Hamilton time trials.

But like the older GT's they already have bronze, silver, and gold so you can pass them to get your license but they were never so easy to gold. I spent months getting all golds in GT1 and GT2, bronze and silver were not too tough but gold was special, they moved away from that.

Gaining proper knowledge and speed can be such an enjoyable part of motorsports, especially with your mates...would the casual player base of GTS really appreciate a simulated, in-depth, multi-day campaign that is focused on racecraft?

While there's been a little break in the FIA races I've been using the driving school to work on a couple of techniques and if my lap times in the time trials I've done are anything to go by it's working.

I'd say it depends on what you want to get out of it. If you just want to breeze through it picking up all the rewards it's really easy and no challenge at all, but there's nowhere else on the game you can practice things time after time after time and can visually see the benefits of what you're trying to do/learn

Last edited:
While there's been a little break in the FIA races I've been using the driving school to work on a couple of techniques and if my lap times in the time trials I've done are anything to go by it's working.

I'd say it depends on what you want to get out of it. If you just want to breeze through it picking up all the rewards it's really easy and no challenge at all, but there's nowhere else on the game you can practice things time after time after time and can visually see the benefits of what you're trying to do/learn
I mean getting the gold. It's too easy. Many of them I could do it with just first try and maximum was just a few tries.

It's completely more difficult in mission challenges (starting from stage4ish) , however

It might be my bad memory, but I think at least parts of the Driving School and Mission Challenges were more difficult before all of the physics updates.

Back