Optimal Driving Control Settings?

• Thread starter reece22345
  • 27 comments
Australia
Australia
reece22345
Hey all,

Post what your optimal setups are in-game with ABS/Traction control settings. Playing on my G27 and the FF just keeps kicking around stupidly for random reasons and doesn't feel right... tried turning the FF off (but you can't, can only go to 1) and didn't seem to help.

If anyone is actually having fun with the G27, please let me know what settings you have on. Totally ruining my GT5 experience at the moment :(

I'm running a G27 and set the Steering Settings to "Simulation" but left force feedback strength alone (I think it's 5 by default?). Where available I'm running with no TCS, 1 ABS and no skid control. I've not noticed the FF kicking and am pretty impressed with the way the game feels.

I turned the FF down to 1, put steering on Simulation, no TCS and experimented with ABS but still got the kicking..... I shall try turning up the FF and perhaps that will do something! The kicking on the straights was mainly what was happening, as well as a kick towards oversteer when straightening but no reason for it...

Thanks for the input guys!

G25, simulation, FFB at 5 (dialed it back to 4 today as I've got a shoulder acting up), all driving aids off (except driving line if I'm unfamiliar with a track).

I think I might start using low TC and ABS settings for some cars though. I just bought the 458 Italia an hour ago, and it really feels like a car that probably should be driven with some degree of TC and ABS. I'm not even sure if the real car allows you to turn those off completely?

DFGT
-Sim
-everything to 0
-FFB-7
I am still adjusting my front and rear brakes from time to time. Wish I could upgrade this system?

How do I adjust the settings best when I'm using my GT3RS v2 w/ the Clubsport pedals?

I haven't actually checked in GT5, but there were no options to change i Prologue, since there were all for Logitech wheels, more or less.. ?

Using a modded G25 (stiffer shiftstick and pedals)

Settings on professional
FFB at 5. Was at 10 and I wasn't feeling much of the road... maybe the values are reversed? 1 is stronger, 10 weaker! I need to investigate this further! Maybe someone can confirm or deny this?
TCS off
ABS 2

Still strugling a bit, especially when accelerating out from a curve... but still learning and having a blast! :)

Hey all,

Post what your optimal setups are in-game with ABS/Traction control settings. Playing on my G27 and the FF just keeps kicking around stupidly for random reasons and doesn't feel right... tried turning the FF off (but you can't, can only go to 1) and didn't seem to help.

If anyone is actually having fun with the G27, please let me know what settings you have on. Totally ruining my GT5 experience at the moment :(

I found the same then turned power assisted steering on.

sqd
How do I adjust the settings best when I'm using my GT3RS v2 w/ the Clubsport pedals?

I haven't actually checked in GT5, but there were no options to change i Prologue, since there were all for Logitech wheels, more or less.. ?

You don't need to change anything. Just plug in the wheel, set it in PS3 mode when you are in the game and start a time trial or practice session. It should work right out of the box, at least that did it to me :)

After that try some different settings on the wheel itself, rotation, FF, shock, drift mode etc.

900 rotation is the way to go.

G25
all options off
FFB is at max
ABS is at 1
TCS off

This thing reminds me of GT4 flying down the Mulsanne straight fighting to keep the car from careening into the barriers.

Love this wheel, completely incredible, just wished the gas pedal was moved closer to the brake and the clutch further away from both.

I've got all driving aides (including ABS) set to 0 but depending on the car I adjust the settings accordingly (a 1970's van does NOT have traction control!! Most modern cars in the game probably do though :D).

I think this is a big issue with the current generation of Logitech wheels. The G25 and G27 have a noticeable deadzone when you're not trying to turn and the force-feedback shows up a large flaw in the design of these wheels (that reece22345 mentioned).

Is anyone having similar issues with the DFGT?

Would someone be able to describe the difference between the FF modes? i.e. how exactly does it change the type of FF the wheel generates?

Would someone be able to describe the difference between the FF modes? i.e. how exactly does it change the type of FF the wheel generates?

You mean "Standard, Professional and Simulation"?

I just left mine on simulation when I was setting things up but it probably doesn't do anything for my wheel - g27 - because that first set of options only highlight the old gran turismo ones.

The DFGT and DFP are highlighted when you go down to the force-feedback slider though so that kind of suggests which settings affect which set of wheels.

You mean "Standard, Professional and Simulation"?

I just left mine on simulation when I was setting things up but it probably doesn't do anything for my wheel - g27 - because that first set of options only highlight the old gran turismo ones.

The DFGT and DFP are highlighted when you go down to the force-feedback slider though so that kind of suggests which settings affect which set of wheels.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. I haven't tried all 3 settings back-to-back, but technically they shouldn't make a difference, based on the fact that only the old wheels were highlighted?

All aids off, with the exception of ABS at 1 if the car is equipped as such in real life.

FFB: 6

Steering: Simulation (Don't know if applicable to G25/7)

You don't need to change anything. Just plug in the wheel, set it in PS3 mode when you are in the game and start a time trial or practice session. It should work right out of the box, at least that did it to me :)

After that try some different settings on the wheel itself, rotation, FF, shock, drift mode etc.

900 rotation is the way to go.

Yeah it does work right out of the box, that I do know :D

I was just wondering if I could adjust something in the options menu, rather than using the wheels built-in settings.

For example, the wheel doesn't vibrate/FF when going over curbs - but it does do that when I brake hard. Can I activate vibration when going over curbs?

FF = 1 ...How do i turn FF OFF?
- I really hate this thing. In LFS i use approx 4-5, and that just gives me some FF when im about to oversteer or have lost all control.

Else i use all on nothing, but ABS on 1.

Using a modded G25 (stiffer shiftstick and pedals)

Settings on professional
FFB at 5. Was at 10 and I wasn't feeling much of the road... maybe the values are reversed? 1 is stronger, 10 weaker! I need to investigate this further! Maybe someone can confirm or deny this?
TCS off
ABS 2

Still strugling a bit, especially when accelerating out from a curve... but still learning and having a blast! :)

I noticed this on the wireless wheel as well a lot less feedback on 10, I just thought I was more used to it or something

DFGT: TC off, ABS 1. haven't looked at any wheel settings. asumed as it was GT branded that it would be set up for optimal use, where do i change those settings?

DFGT: TC off, ABS 1. haven't looked at any wheel settings. asumed as it was GT branded that it would be set up for optimal use, where do i change those settings?

I think the settings are more of a personal opinion than something that can be considered optimal by all. Anyhow on the every first screen where you choose GT Life mode, Arcade, ect... choose the options or the little cog. Then 2 sections down is the steering settings and the button mapping for each and every ps3 wheel. Also some wheels like the Logitech Driving Force Wireless will use the same mapping as the Driving Force EX I believe.

I think the settings are more of a personal opinion than something that can be considered optimal by all.

This is true, but keeping aids settings to 0-3 is usually a good rule of thumb. I've found once you get above 3, the aids just slow you down too much, unless consistency is most important...

Be sure to turn off traction control when you do rallys. I'll be pointing perfectly at my turn exit full throttle and just sit there. (I didn't turn TCS off that time)

Back