Optimal Logitech g923 wheel settings compilation thread

United States
United States
I have picked up settings all over the web and tried everything, I wanted to have a consolidated place people could find what they liked best and tweak accordingly.

In posting these settings I suggest we say if we are using a rig/ desk etc…so as to be able to compare apples to apples.

All are suggestions and personal preference, but the ones I found make it feel like I am as close to driving my 2017 M3 comp in the game as possible (m4 is almost identical).

I am using the Next Level Racing F-gt lite with the following settings:

I found what I consider to be damn realistic and great force feedback settings with good fine detail for g923 and GT7 after many recommendations.

Dual sense Controller steering sensitivity 5 (yes this helps a ton with the other settings even though it’s only supposed to be a controller setting), dual shock vibration intensity 110%, torque 4 sensitivity 4.

Try it and let me know what you think…

The g923 can take it up to 10?
That’s why I created this thread, some settings are all over the map. My understanding is 5 max on torque and even there you may encounter clipping.

Many say sensitivity 10 is correct, but for me 4 feels perfect. A Logitech representative says 1 is correct and many people like that… I am confused as to how you can have both extremes saying they are correct; I know they are based on individuals but there has to be a close to “real life” setting, 4 sensitivity and torque is that for me.

I also will tell you dualsense steering sensitivity plays a large part in how torque and sensitivity feel in general so add that to the mix. Some say 7, I like 5; feels very natural to me.

Trueforce also relies on the vibration setting and I feel 110-120 is perfect for feeling everything going on with the car. Mind you I have neuropathy in my hands due to stenosis so the vibration may be too much for normal individuals at that level, but it feels correct to me.

Last edited:
That’s why I created this thread, some settings are all over the map. My understanding is 5 max on torque and even there you may encounter clipping.

Many say sensitivity 10 is correct, but for me 4 feels perfect. A Logitech representative says 1 is correct and many people like that… I am confused as to how you can have both extremes saying they are correct; I know they are based on individuals but there has to be a close to “real life” setting, 4 sensitivity and torque is that for me.

I also will tell you dualsense steering sensitivity plays a large part in how torque and sensitivity feel in general so add that to the mix. Some say 7, I like 5; feels very natural to me.

Trueforce also relies on the vibration setting and I feel 110-120 is perfect for feeling everything going on with the car. Mind you I have neuropathy in my hands due to stenosis so the vibration may be too much for normal individuals at that level, but it feels correct to me.
I’ve googled this 100 times myself and come up with the same answers as you, all over then place.

I think Logitech says 4-1 for the g923.

I’ve googled this 100 times myself and come up with the same answers as you, all over then place.

I think Logitech says 4-1 for the g923.

Correct, 4-1 is what Logitech recommends that’s what I have read as well, but again once you start adjusting the dualsense steering sensititivity everything with the wheel sensitivity settings seems to change.

Last edited:
Correct, 4-1 is what Logitech recommends that’s what I have read as well, but again once you start adjusting the dualsense steering sensititivity everything with the wheel sensitivity settings seems to change.
I had no idea that changed the wheel at all.

I wonder if @LOGI_Rich could explain these settings and how they reflect on the G923 wheels. I don’t think sensitivity on the controller changes the wheel at all.

I also don’t understand why you would want sensitivity in the steering wheel settings at 1, like, wouldn’t you want all that feedback going to the wheel?

They should have a load up recommend setting for each wheel manufacturer in game.

Last edited:
I wonder if @LOGI_Rich could explain these settings and how they reflect on the G923 wheels. I don’t think sensitivity on the controller changes the wheel at all.

I also don’t understand why you would want sensitivity in the steering wheel settings at 1, like, wouldn’t you want all that feedback going to the wheel?

They should have a load up recommend setting for each wheel manufacturer in game.

I sent a dm to Logi_Rich let’s see, placebo or not let’s get answers!

I also don’t understand why you would want sensitivity in the steering wheel settings at 1, like, wouldn’t you want all that feedback going to the wheel.

apparently sensitivity at 1 is actually stronger than at 10...at 10 is 'too sensitive' so you lose all the details you want.

I've been summoned! :)

So, here's how I see things, based on my experiences. Do note as well that now that Sony have updated the console, you will now always be getting Trueforce on the G923 (whereas previously, if you had the wheel already plugged in when you first started the console, if you started a Trueforce game then the wheel would not be in Trueforce mode).

Max Torque
Set it wherever you like - at any setting with G923 and Pro Wheel you will not get clipping. This is because part of the benefit of the Trueforce interface is that the developer knows the torque level of the wheel and (so far) all developers who have support Trueforce have reserved the peak torque of the wheel for peak torque effects, such as bumps, kerbs etc. With the Pro Wheel you can see this because of the OLED screen that it has - steer into a hard corner at high speed with the Max Torque set to 10, Strength on the wheel at 11Nm and the torque meter on the OLED will show around 7.5-8Nm.

Sensitivity
As the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen in GT7 says, this changes the feeling of the wheel as you turn it from centre and makes it more responsive to forces. I think of it as changing the steepness of the force curve that they apply - 1 has a lower slope force curve, whereas 10 is very high. Personally for me, 1 is the generally the way to go because it feels more natural in the vast majority of cars. You can ramp it up a few notches for road cars, but the second you drive anything with downforce you're going to quickly run into oscillation problems, because that steep centering force curve and the overall heightened response of the wheel to forces means that it's going to be constantly trying to move. Have it set too high and the cars just feel too robotic for me. Again, outside of the oscillation issue I mention with the higher group cars, this is personal and what works for one person might not work for another.

Vibration
Unfortunately not accessible from the pause menu (only the options on the World Map or pre-race screens), this one is essential for Trueforce-enabled wheels because Polyphony use this to control the vibrotactile (or Trueforce Audio as we refer to it) level. Totally personal preference here, but I would say that anything over 75 is going to be very noisy. On the G923 this will result in some big vibrations, depending on what the wheel is attached to. As always, my recommendation for where to set this side of Trueforce is always to make it subtle and not overwhelming the experience. It's up to you though - if you want it to cause your rig to dance across the room then go nuts :)

As far as I can see the controller sensitivity has zero effect on the wheel.

TL;DR

G923 Recommended Settings
Max Torque - 10
FFB Sensitivity - 1 (increase to 4/5 for road cars)
Vibration - 50

So, here's how I see things, based on my experiences. Do note as well that now that Sony have updated the console, you will now always be getting Trueforce on the G923 (whereas previously, if you had the wheel already plugged in when you first started the console, if you started a Trueforce game then the wheel would not be in Trueforce mode).

Max Torque
Set it wherever you like - at any setting with G923 and Pro Wheel you will not get clipping. This is because part of the benefit of the Trueforce interface is that the developer knows the torque level of the wheel and (so far) all developers who have support Trueforce have reserved the peak torque of the wheel for peak torque effects, such as bumps, kerbs etc. With the Pro Wheel you can see this because of the OLED screen that it has - steer into a hard corner at high speed with the Max Torque set to 10, Strength on the wheel at 11Nm and the torque meter on the OLED will show around 7.5-8Nm.

Sensitivity
As the scrolling text at the bottom of the screen in GT7 says, this changes the feeling of the wheel as you turn it from centre and makes it more responsive to forces. I think of it as changing the steepness of the force curve that they apply - 1 has a lower slope force curve, whereas 10 is very high. Personally for me, 1 is the generally the way to go because it feels more natural in the vast majority of cars. You can ramp it up a few notches for road cars, but the second you drive anything with downforce you're going to quickly run into oscillation problems, because that steep centering force curve and the overall heightened response of the wheel to forces means that it's going to be constantly trying to move. Have it set too high and the cars just feel too robotic for me. Again, outside of the oscillation issue I mention with the higher group cars, this is personal and what works for one person might not work for another.

Vibration
Unfortunately not accessible from the pause menu (only the options on the World Map or pre-race screens), this one is essential for Trueforce-enabled wheels because Polyphony use this to control the vibrotactile (or Trueforce Audio as we refer to it) level. Totally personal preference here, but I would say that anything over 75 is going to be very noisy. On the G923 this will result in some big vibrations, depending on what the wheel is attached to. As always, my recommendation for where to set this side of Trueforce is always to make it subtle and not overwhelming the experience. It's up to you though - if you want it to cause your rig to dance across the room then go nuts :)

TL;DR

Max Torque - 10
Vibration - 50
You’re truly the best. Thanks for the info we have all been looking for.

Max Torque

Sensitivity

Vibration

TL;DR

Max Torque - 10
Vibration - 50
This is terrific data, much appreciated! Now we have some truth from a Logitech employee. I guess I was wrong about controller sensitivity but I still feel the cars are more responsive at 5. I am going to apply settings as recommended and try. Thank you for clarifying LOGI_Rich, your information will help many including myself!

Last edited:
I used FFB max torque/sensitivity at 6/4 with vibration at 110% and controller sensitivity at 1 for a while. That felt pretty good but a bit on the heavy side for me, especially after several hours of playing. So recently I dropped the FFB max torque/sensitivity down to 4/1, which I believe was the previous suggestion from LOGI_Rich. That felt pretty light initially, but after getting used to it, it felt fine.

I’ve been using the above new recommendation from LOGI_Rich this past week. The wheel was nowhere nearly as heavy as I thought it was going to be, but the FFB effects did feel a bit too light/subtle initially, but again after getting used to it now, it felt fine, so I may just stick to these settings unless things change again.

Max Torque

Sensitivity

Vibration

TL;DR

Max Torque - 10
Vibration - 50
This is great; thanks so much for all the detail, particularly the part about peak torque, I had no idea. In ACC on PS5 the FFB meter does clip if you set the torque too high, though.

Hi guys, I’ve been using the G923 for the past week with 4-4 setting found on the internet by chance but after this topic I guess I was using a bad configuration.
Is 10-1 still a good combination? Thanks

10-1 is Logitech Riches recommendation.

I’ve been gradually moving towards that in the last couple of days and I have to say that I like that much more than with the old 4-4, now I’m 9-1 so almost 10-1 and I have moooooore sensibility while driving.
I’m keeping vibration at 100 though, I like a strong true force feeling with slipping tires

I am also a supporter of the 10/1/50 combination listed here!
I just got a G923 for our anniversary this weekend. I didn't realize the vibration function had been set to 100 (was using a G29 since GT sport; pedals were dying of death) and setting that to 50 has made a WORLD of difference!

50 points for Gryffindor.

Latest Posts

Back