Option to disable auto-replay after each race

This sort of thing (from memory) has been in GT since forever almost.

They probably force it on you, as theres a lot of people who never bother to watch the replays. If that applies to any of you, stop - take a breather and watch the replay, if you've driven clean enough then it should make for good (and sometimes realistic looking) viewing.

Don't be in such a rush to finish everything...

Absolutely, worst "feature" ever. Should be such a simple change.
I am all for that. I'm sick of having to push the start button. If I want to watch a replay then I should have the choice rather than being forced to turn it off.

Really guys? 1 button press is ruining your GT experience? Press Start and all the pain goes away.

It didn't bother me the first handful of times. But over time, it starts to wear and become simply unnecessary. I think what makes it worse for me is simply not having any kind of option to disable it.

It's a small detail, but yeah it's pretty annoying ^^
Or if there is a replay, if we could still have the post-race menu with it (like Grid 2)

1798176_618698588201853_1852693289_n.jpg

I love watching replays, but I don't always want to watch one after every race. This should be optional.

This sort of thing (from memory) has been in GT since forever almost.

They probably force it on you, as theres a lot of people who never bother to watch the replays. If that applies to any of you, stop - take a breather and watch the replay, if you've driven clean enough then it should make for good (and sometimes realistic looking) viewing.

Don't be in such a rush to finish everything...

People who don't bother watching replays won't welcome being forced to see the beginning of it just to skip it anyway once the additional loading time has passed. This thread doesn't ask for the removal of it, just the option to play without it.

I also find the automatic replay annoying, even if it had normal replay functions, I still rather choose to watch it myself. The way it is implemented now is just silly, you can't even use basic functions like pausing or skipping forward, let alone taking photos from it. The only possible interaction is to skip it, so what are players expected to do?

Grid 2 and Grid Autosport implemented this much better, the replay of your race also plays once you have finished. But the post race menu is overlayed, and only if you choose the replay option, you get to see it on full screen. The replay also has all controls available which include slowed down or faster playback, both forwards and backwards. If you don't bother to rewatch your race, you can just proceed to quit from the post race menu.

Last edited:
The issue I have with the auto-replay is that it's nowhere near as good as the "real" replay.

For example, you can't switch cars, and you can't switch to Interior Views. You can't rewind or fast forward. You can't enter Photomode.

As a bit of a replay addict, I always cancel the auto-replay since it doesn't do what I want it to do.

The issue I have with the auto-replay is that it's nowhere near as good as the "real" replay.

For example, you can't switch cars, and you can't switch to Interior Views. You can't rewind or fast forward. You can't enter Photomode.

As a bit of a replay addict, I always cancel the auto-replay since it doesn't do what I want it to do.
Wow, the auto-replay doesn't make sense even for the people who want to watch a replay. How did this feature even get in?

Wow, the auto-replay doesn't make sense even for the people who want to watch a replay. How did this feature even get in?

I'd imagine "it seemed like a good idea at the time". And then it was forgotten.

Latest Posts

Back