Original Circuits - I want now! I can't wait any more! [Red Rock Valley, please!]

• Thread starter BrunusCL82
  • 19 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt they will arrive anytime soon, sadly. The fact that they went on and made up an entire new list of original fictional tracks when they could have remade some of the classics makes me feel like it's gonna take a while before any of the Original Circuits returns. Maybe we will get eventually or maybe not.

I feel all the original tracks are gone because of the FIA affiliation. Minimum track widths, proper run offs etc. nothing fits really with the new direction. hopefully i am wrong though. probably the same reason why there are no older cars right now too.. Where do they fit in to any racing category with FIA ?

I feel all the original tracks are gone because of the FIA affiliation. Minimum track widths, proper run offs etc. nothing fits really with the new direction. hopefully i am wrong though. probably the same reason why there are no older cars right now too.. Where do they fit in to any racing category with FIA ?

Older cars are coming in DLC.

I don't think FIA has much to do with it so much as the tracks and cars need a complete remake to fit in with the current graphical standards, which will take time. A bunch of real life circuit tracks from previous games are missing, even the more graphically up-to-date ones from GT5/6 simply because they couldn't remake them in time for release.

Nope. Game is already heavily gimped in terms of tracks clearly eveident by rehashing of daily combos. Give us real world tracks please. The fictional stuff can come later. We already have enough fictional(see: garbage) cars. For a game that’s supposed to be iracing on consoles and with a budget like what PD has I don’t get how they managed this abysmal of a launch with this game. Like wtf were they doing these past 4 years?

I doubt they will arrive anytime soon, sadly. The fact that they went on and made up an entire new list of original fictional tracks when they could have remade some of the classics makes me feel like it's gonna take a while before any of the Original Circuits returns. Maybe we will get eventually or maybe not.
This was my take as well. One of the original and highly regarded tracks coming at launch would have sent a clear signal that, although they were moving in a new direction, they were acknowledging long time fans of the franchise and throwing them a bone. As it is, I wouldnt be surprised if they never released a classic or, at best, did so late in the game's life.

@Johnnypenso, you make a good point regarding PD's intentions for future content and I tend to agree, but hopefully they've got an ace up their sleeve; a 'break glass in case of emergency' update to keep the loyal fans onboard.

Track Width and run offs!! Have you raced at Tokyo??

Imagine if PD spent time recreating Trial Mountain, Deep Forest and Grand Valley (or three real tracks tbqh) instead of the three rally courses in this game... What a waste.

I would immediately trade the rally courses for those instead. Infact I'll raise you the circle tracks too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back