Our 6 favourite grinding Cars 600/700/800

• Thread starter KAlex122
  • 22 comments
Austria
Austria
Niki_Kingrat
Hi!

With respect to the Grinding-Race-Threads i would like to post my, and would love to see your, favourite grinding cars for the 4 known grinding races.

As it happens to be, the GT7 garage shows 6x3 cars. Please present your 6 favourite cars from the 3 PP-categories. It will hopefully be an impulse/a proposal for other users.

Here are mine:
18403c6be8043-screenshotUrl.jpg

Unfortunately i don't have a competitive tune for the Porsche Strassenversion yet.

I have not tried all of them with the new update but i can say that the first 4 from 800 and 700 still are great, as also the Audi R8, the Impreza and the Huracan from the 600-category.

Most tunes i get from Praiano. Some others and some are more or less stock tunes as i don't know what i am doing. :D

600: dns (why grind 600?)
700: Silvia Gr4
800: BRZ Gr3 and Supra Tom's GT500
Why 600? Well, why anything? I hated LeMans and Tokyo but now i love all 4 races.

Will try the Silvia Gr.4. Forgot about that great car!

Last edited:
600: Cappuccino (engine swapped) , Mazda Roadster (engine swapped) and Alpine A220 Race Car
700: Many cars from my own custom cars to detuned Gr.3 cars
800: Gr.2 and Gr.1 Group C cars + all formulas

Last edited:
600: Golf mk1(non swap), C6 ZR1(When tired for easy drive)
700: R32
800: No interest in high end cars

600 (la Sarthe): Viper, i like how it has 2 modes, changing gears when the indicator reaches the end, that way you can do 3 laps without pitting, or pushing gears to the limit. It consumes +50% fuel but it's super fast.

Since the patch I pretty much only do Sardegna, I will post a pic when I get time later but the cars I use are:

800 PP: Escudo, CLK-LM, F1 GTR 1997, F1 GTR 1996, GT500 GTR '08

700 PP: Ford GT40

600 PP: Ford GT40 but I do not do this one anymore since it's patched.

600pp: Corvette C7, Cayman GT4, Lancer Evolution V, Skyline R33, Impreza WRC and Corvette C4.
The C7 is my fastest stock car for Tokyo 600 and the Cayman is extremely safe with good speed and brakes. For the rest of the cars, I have two setups: one is completely stock + RH tires and the other is SS tires with Medium/High Turbo. The Evo V is my favorite.

700pp: Viper, Corvette, Silvia S15, G70 GR4, Mustang and the Mitsubishi GTO.
Only the GTO is a road car tuned to 600pp, the rest are the Gr.4 versions.
The Viper is the most dominant car for Le Mans. Fastest Gr.4 car by default. The Silvia S15 is an excellent because of it's fuel efficiency, even with a turbo installed.

800pp: Corvette, SLS, AMG GT, WRX, Viper and F-type
For Sardegna and Spa, the Viper is the fastest car by default because there's no BoP, but it's fuel efficiency is quite bad. Still, it's such a fast car that is possible to win Sardegna with 3 stops even on hard. The Corvette and the WRX might no be that fast, but I found them to be very good and balanced cars. The SLS and AMG GT can do 2-stops in Sardegna with FM 1. It's pretty good considering the power and speed of those cars, especially the SLS which I think is criminally underrated. The Jaguar is super fast with a supercharger on it and still can maintain good speed using FM 4-5.

600pp: R33 GT-R with Praiano's power/downforce settings, Praiano's R32 suspension (I'm not a big fan of the SUV suspension needed when he did the R33 tune to keep it under 600pp), and 35:55 center diff (and, since 1.25, about 50 pounds of weight compared to Praiano's R33 tune), Corvette C7 with some aero tuning, Ferrari F430 (stock), Citroen GT Road Car (stock).

700pp: Tuned Focus RS (I don't remember where I originally got the tune), Red Bull Junior (stock), tuned Silvia Tuning Car (again, I don't remember off-hand where I got the tune). Also, I can get almost any stock Gr.4 car to win at Sarthe on normal difficulty.

800pp (mostly Sardegna; I didn't feel like springing for rain tires or spending better than an hour to do Spa): The 2008 GT500 cars (I needed RH tires at Sardegna since 1.20, but I haven't tried one yet since 1.25; RM tires might last 8 laps again). Again, I can get more than half the stock Gr.3 cars to win at Sardegna (again on normal), some on a 1-tire-change 6 lap/5 lap/4 lap strategy. Also, the Escudo has possibilities again after the tune that started life right around 800pp got knocked down to around 750pp in 1.25.

Refreashing not to see another "I hate GT7, but I'm still here playing and complaining about it." thread.

600PP 911 GT3 '01
700PP F50
800PP CLK-LM

Honorable Mention- 787B for any class I can make it fit.

Last edited:
600: Tokyo as to be the Aston Martin DP-100
700: Aston Martin DB9 GT1 (and no, not a particular fan of the brand), when the suspension settings were a factor on PP calculations, it was the Mazda 787B
800: Any detuned '16 GT500 Gr. 2 model

Refreashing not to see another "I hate GT7, but I'm still here playing and complaining about it." thread.
I agree but I also make extensive use of the ignore feature on this site. I'd rather not wade through posts/threads from people that have admitted to uninstalling / giving up on the game or do nothing but rant, be rude / abrasive, etc. It works quite well actually.

Ok, I think I'd have an easier time telling folks what cars I don't like rather than picking favorites to grind with. With "grinding", I find I have to mix it up to keep it at least still interesting so really, I have no favorites in this case. I've been through nearly all the GT4 cars several times for the 30 minute Le Mans race so I started using "street" cars to compete with. .....some more successful than others.

I actually used a heavily modified '71 Pantera last night. ......took 2nd so I'll try again with that one. I usually keep plugging away, play with the suspension and tuning options until I get the win. Sometimes it's just hopeless so I move on to another car but I do like a challenge (on the highest difficulty).

Tokyo Rain: A'220 (pre-1.25) because we put just over 10k miles together on this race! Rotochino now and it's faster than A'220. Also love the AM DP100, R8 Priano tuned, Gr.4 Hurrican, WRX 22b '98 and some others I'm not remembering
Sardegna: 787b as it's one of my all-around favorites and NSX GT500 '08
Spa: HYUNDAI N 2025 VGT, 787B and the GT500 '08 cars

RIP original Tomahawk glitch and your 1:00 laps 😢 - Your CM wearing brother was fun while he visited and then died, but was 20-seconds slower!

600: Super Silhouette
700: went from Gr.4 Supra to Gr.4 G70 to CLK to RX-8787B to RX-Vision ‘15 to F12 to current GT-R GT3 ‘13
800: CLK or GT500 GT-R ‘08

600PP : Amuse Nismo 380 RS - absolutely love this thing, despite it's lack of power it's just so planted and reliable! I've only just started on the 600PP Tokyo grind so I'm still working through a load of my cars. Other favourites in this range are the Alfa Romeo 4C Road Car, Subaru BRZ with widebody, RX-8 (787B-swapped), Z4-swapped 3.0CSL.

700PP : not really used many 700PP cars. Haven't done any of the 700PP grind races.

800PP : BMW Z4 GT3, Jaguar F-Type Gr.3, Mazda RX-Vision, Mercedes CLK DTM, Mercedes SLS AMG GT3, Pagani Huayra (Praiano tune).

Last edited:
Few days ago I completed the 446 car collection.

I've driven all of them stock and many tuned as well.
After all I find the best for grinding are the followings:
-Tokyo: Subaru 'Isle of Man'
-Le Mans: Alpine VGT (to enjoy the race: RX7 with 787B engine)
-Sardegna: Lambo VGT (to enjoy the race: older JGTC500 cars, Zonda R, older Ford GT GR.3s, Renault R.S)

there are some other interesting options like engine swap cars on my video channel for these races:

Latest Posts

Back