'Out Of Course' in Seattle Short?

• Thread starter LeGeNd-1
  • 6 comments

LeGeNd-1

Premium
Australia
Australia
GTP_LeGeNd-1

Have any of you ever experienced this? It's at the left wall at the final right corner, half the car just practically went thru the wall and the 'Out Of Course' sign pops up. I didn't use any cheat codes or hybrids and it only happenned once. The next lap I tried to do the same thing it doesn't happen. I think it's just another freaky glitch in this already very glitchy game...but it's an interesting one nonetheless...What do you guys think? Can any of you reproduce it without codes or hybrids?

Well, a while back, that happened to me, except I was on Apricot Hill in an Opel Calibra. I lost 41 seconds in an alleged 'penalty', with seconds coming onto my time with every sector I raced in that lap, and I virtually had a worthless lap. However, nothing happened where I ran through a wall.

I had a thread on this, but it died very early; no one could really find an explanation.

Yeah, that's wicked! :boggled:👍 Must be one tiny particular zone and youhave to have your car lined up just perfectly or something.

Happened to me with a fiat coupe on red rock!?

Must be something to do with the laguna seca glitch?

So you got outside of REd Rock in a Fiat Coupe? Or did it just say "out of course" but you were still on it? wow.

You got the out of course thing due to faulty collision detection. In GT2 the collision detection system seems to be a bit playful, and if you hit something fast enough or just at the right angle, it won't react right away. What does happen is that for some reason, the system that detects where on the track you are reacts instantly and is all like "OMG HE WENT OUTSIDE INVALID TIME LOL." This particular system operates by invisible boundaries, and when those are crossed, it comes up with the out of course thing.

So in theory, breaking out of any track is possible? You just have to hit the right spot at the right speed and the wall will dissolve into nothingness? Interesting find.

Another weird thing to take note is, if you race on Apricot Hill and you shortcut the last chicane you won't get any penalty. But if you do a Time Trial in Apricot Hill and you cut the last chicane, the Out Of Course message will appear. Technically then, there are 2 versions of Apricot Hill in the game. Or is there?

Last edited:
Back